Passing away - so sad....

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
So after many many years of exploring together, my close friend passed away on a trip to France, we have been all over the
world together, Poland, USA, France, Germany and many many more counties.

We have been down bunkers, mines, quarries, old forts, every battle headquarters in the UK we have spent countless hours walking
around abandoned airfields and many many other places no matter how good or bad the weather he was all ways there by my side.

Helped me when times were hard by giving me a "leg up" when openings were just too high, tested out the water depth in
flooded mines and flooded quarries.

When the weeds and undergrowth were to high and think to get through he was there - ripping a path to get through.

I`v come to piece with my deep loss.

Thanks for reading this - Newage

I`ll post a picture up at the bottom so than anybody who meet him can remember the good times.

IMG_3250.jpg

No loss there then toss it in the skip and buy a decent one, that does not looks better than the one I tossed on my garage floor and looks less battered

No loss there then toss it in the skip and buy a decent one, that does not looks better than the one I tossed on my garage floor and looks less battered

You have no heart.............
The tilt system went wonky....
Bye bye old chum

So after many many years of exploring together, my close friend passed away on a trip to France, we have been all over the
world together, Poland, USA, France, Germany and many many more counties.

We have been down bunkers, mines, quarries, old forts, every battle headquarters in the UK we have spent countless hours walking
around abandoned airfields and many many other places no matter how good or bad the weather he was all ways there by my side.

Helped me when times were hard by giving me a "leg up" when openings were just too high, tested out the water depth in
flooded mines and flooded quarries.

When the weeds and undergrowth were to high and think to get through he was there - ripping a path to get through.

I`v come to piece with my deep loss.

Thanks for reading this - Newage

I`ll post a picture up at the bottom so than anybody who meet him can remember the good times.

View attachment 518725
Let me know when a real "close friend" "passes on" - and I might have some kinder thoughts to express. Three legs good, two pretty useless.

Gulp, I really thought it was a person you were taking about. Thank goodness.

Did your newly-departed tripod have a name?
How about "Tripos"- all Greek to me! "A three-legged friend, a three-legged friend - it'll never let you down". "Two legs on my tripod - and I'm still taking pics". "One leg on my tripod - it's a monopod".

i did nt post these last few things.Whats occuring?
I was just picking up on you 9 Aug entry "Bi pod or Di Pod?" Newage's original 'obituary' for the "close friend [who] passed away on a trip to France" has given rise to a stream of humorous responses. Hurrah for the humble pun!

Back