Photography newbie

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steviefry125

Reaction score
Hi guys,been exploring a while now but thought ild bite the bullet and actually get a camera so i can start recording my visits,ive purchased a cheapish bridge camera for now as no point me spending loads if i cant get on with it,but i have no experience or clue on decent shots etc and getting the exposure triangle correct lol,so i was just wondering if there was anyone who was local to great Yarmouth, Norwich,or this way who wouldnt mind meet up and helping me learn to get better and teach me a thing or two.. probably a stupid post but if ya dont ask ya dont get

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not local but I'm sure there are people who'd be more thank willing to drag you around and show you some photography tips.

There's a whole host of information on the internet to help too - remember it's not necessarily the camera, it's how you use it.
Start with the basics such as composition (always makes an image half decent!) and take it from there. You could well be jumping in at the deep end but personally I think that's the best way to learn.

Best tip for a camera is to just mess about with it in manual settings until you start getting results you want. Best tip is not to put the ISO too high or use a long shutter speed if shooting hand-held, best of luck.

Have you got a tripod yet Steviefry125? You will really need one for takin half decent quality exposures in poor/low light, which tends to be the way in most explores...you can sometimes get handheld shots in low light but image quality is usually reduced. Your welcome to come out with me as I will be in Norwich soon, and if I can help you understand your camera better I've done a good deed and my life aint been a total waste hahaha. Drop me a pm.

sounds good buddy,im thinking getting a dslr as only have a bridge atm and im not really happy with it...i dont have a message option on yet so i cant message anyone lol but ild be up for it.. where abouts are you?

Ive been using a bridge camera for years. Auto settings and just point and click. Not patient enough to play with settings for each shot and cant justify cost of dslr

The post dates back to 2018 you must have dug around to find this. Funny I had a bridge camera once and got frustrated with it and got a DSLR. Tripods are good if your inside but with all modern cameras the image stabilization is really good. I play between a Zoom compact DSLR and Iphone

Latest posts

Back