Pittarthie Castle January 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pratt

Reaction score
This 16th century towerhouse in Fife is crumbling. It is in the guardianship of Historic Scotland but they seem to have accepted that it is beyond salvation.

P1200020.jpg

Pittarthie Castle from the east
P1200007.jpg

The castle kitchen
wateroutlet.jpg

Grey water outlet from kitchen (outside view)
upperfloors.jpg

Upper floor windows
P1200018.jpg

Upper floor windows (detail)
westend.jpg

West end upper floors with iron yett in window
stairtoupperfloors.jpg

Stair to upper floors
outsideofstairtower.jpg

Outside of stair tower (North side)
familyarmsandinitials.jpg

Family arms and initials
P1200004.jpg

The castle entrance
viewfromsouth.jpg

View from south
P1200002.jpg

East view
southview.jpg

The castle is perched on a bleak hillside

Last edited:
Unless you have something further to add to this then I'm afraid it does not fulfil the [ame="http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=16286"]criteria for a location report[/ame].

Pittarthie Castle

Yes, I have plenty to add to this but I am apparently pushing the boundaries of my technical expertise beyond its limit. I am having a problem loading pictures successfully. It is my first attempt!

Aah fair enough, well the guide I linked in my previous post has reasonably detailed instructions.

You weren't far off, you just seem to have duplicated the code a couple of times which stopped it working...

[ame="http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=17009"]This thread[/ame] has a step by step guide if you haven't already seen it.

I'll edit your original post so the image works, then if you go ahead and edit it yourself to add what you want to add you'll be able to see what it should look like.

Some great pictures there, thanks for persevering with the technical bit. Looks like you got lucky with the weather that day too, absolutely glorious.
I am impressed to see how well the family arms have survived.

Latest posts

Back