Poultry Research Station

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic report, it looks amazing in the mist.
Well done on finding Lab X!
Luckily it looks like it hasn't changed much in the last five years.
Fantastic report, thanks for sharing :)

I wonder why though? We had a look through the windows of the manor and it was being stripped out, I suppose maybe someone bought it? Haha yeah we heard the buzz of the tannoy and we were standing under one of the dome camera's in it's blind spot and it was quickly swivelling left to right trying to catch us out running away :D Good times. Will have to go back and have another mooch at some point. Great report, enjoyed it :)

Haha yeah those cameras are funny! I did hear one swivelling so I hid behind the tree lol drop me a PM if you're coming this way. There is a way into the manor, it's a bit of a sneaky ninja way in so it'll be perfect for you :laugh:

Fantastic report, it looks amazing in the mist.
Well done on finding Lab X!
Luckily it looks like it hasn't changed much in the last five years.
Fantastic report, thanks for sharing :)

Thanks so much UrbanX! I almost sent you a very over-excited PM to tell you I found Lab X lol! Hopefully the lab will stay that way for the next 5 years! I had to wait about for an hour for it to get misty but I was happy with the shot of the grange. There's some nice shots to be had up there at dusk :)

this is a really great set of photo's. this place has intrigued me ever since i have lived round here. nice one!

Thanks rockfordstone! This is only 5 minutes from me and I agree the place is very intriguing. There's still a few areas I haven't even seen yet because the place is so big! :)

Haha yeah those cameras are funny! I did hear one swivelling so I hid behind the tree lol drop me a PM if you're coming this way. There is a way into the manor, it's a bit of a sneaky ninja way in so it'll be perfect for you :laugh:

Will do! I'm certain I'll be back up that way sooner or later :)

I just had another look at this post and this might sound like I'm a loony but don't you think that in the window of this picture (to the left of the window) it looks like someone wearing one of these suits?! Well weird lol

Nice knowing you rubex lol..the mutants are on the way

Well I guess that's me doomed! It's been nice knowing you all! Mikeymutt, if I go missing in the near future please check Laboratory X first :unsure:

Well I guess that's me doomed! It's been nice knowing you all! Mikeymutt, if I go missing in the near future please check Laboratory X first :unsure:

I will do if i can find it that is ha ha

OMG I grew up next to this place in st Ives and I think I can remember my cousin dating he used to work there. Anyway, I was visiting the town today as my parents still live there, and cycled past the site with my brother. I said I wanted to go and check the derelict building out because it has fascinated me for years...but I was worried about all the cameras and warnings...I cycled up to buildings and it was eerily fascinating! When I got back up to the entrance gate my brother, who stayed away, said it was used in the film 28 days later? Is that true? I googled it and ended up on this fascinating site!! Can you give me a guided tour of the building, I want to go back, but go where you took all those pics?! I am fascinated by derelict buildings but had no idea there are other people who who are too! Any others in the area?

OMG I grew up next to this place in st Ives and I think I can remember my cousin dating he used to work there. Anyway, I was visiting the town today as my parents still live there, and cycled past the site with my brother. I said I wanted to go and check the derelict building out because it has fascinated me for years...but I was worried about all the cameras and warnings...I cycled up to buildings and it was eerily fascinating! When I got back up to the entrance gate my brother, who stayed away, said it was used in the film 28 days later? Is that true? I googled it and ended up on this fascinating site!! Can you give me a guided tour of the building, I want to go back, but go where you took all those pics?! I am fascinated by derelict buildings but had no idea there are other people who who are too! Any others in the area?

Wow you seem to be as excited about the place as I am! It's a very fascinating place! I think your brother was having you on about the 28 Days Later thing. I've never heard anything like that and I've done a lot of research on this place. You'll be surprised how many people are into exploring and photographing abandoned buildings so you're not the only one lol! Unfortunately we can't PM at the moment because you're a new member so once you're able to, drop me a PM :)

Hey Rubex, I didn't realise I would have to wait to be able to send a PM 😩 Here's my email if the wait is quite a while...

Hey Rubex, I didn't realise I would have to wait to be able to send a PM �� Here's my email if the wait is quite a while...

It takes a few days *and* you have to participate on the forum. It's really not that difficult though. ;)

The site is slowly disappearing into new build housing. Still, a lot to see but site guards are on the ball. I've managed to get into the old cottage on site and some of the labs however the main house is a no go right now.

Latest posts

Back