Quiberon Coastal Defences, Brittany, France- August 2010

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

possessed

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year all.
These were the first urban exploration photos I ever took, which were on holiday in France with my family back in August 2010.

About the site:

Unfortunately I don't speak much French, so it was difficult to gather a lot of info regarding this site. All I do know is that it is situated on the Quiberon peninsula, and that it appears to still be in use by the French military, as I spotted some soldiers near the buildings on on the of the occasions that I tried to go and explore the place. Fearing being surrounded and having to rely upon 'Je suis desole" and "Pardon monsieur", I came back the next day, with my camera.

The site consists of a small railway line, which goes in a rectangular loop, and leads to what looks like some kind of shed. Possibly an engine testing track... there is also a tower and a few outbuildings, including one which looked like it may have been residential. All of the site has been badly vandalised and is in generally poor conditions, but it was a half decent explore all the same :)

Here are the photos:

(Footage via Google Maps)

urbexingvdbiuvi_zps9811932e.png

The tower:
DSC02759_zpse486f06c.jpg

DSC02761_zps7c9a5992.jpg

Looking upwards into the tower- next time bring a rope ladder :mrgreen:

DSC02752_zps4c442246.jpg

Inside the main building near the railway:

DSC02702_zps924f917a.jpg

Some sort of engine shed?
DSC02706_zpsd862d892.jpg

DSC02705_zps5835fe94.jpg

The railway:

DSC02697_zps084e3811.jpg

The residential building somewhere behind the tower:

A row of what was probably showers...
DSC02748_zps19c58237.jpg

Some graffiti (anyone speak French?)

DSC02728_zps711abb52.jpg

A nice little mural:

DSC02715_zps5ea86c98.jpg

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm hoping to do some new explores in the coming year :)

I think it's along the lines of "we'll thank you to leave our place clean, group of degenerate squatters" (the French like saying thanks instead of please!)

Back