RAF Greenham Common - USAF, RAF, Star Wars & Nukes... Sounds Perfect To Fly!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody heard of a possible access tunnel that runs between RAF Greenham common and RAF Welford munitions storage area to the north west ?

This site has had a very chequered history however many people will only be aware of it because of the Women's Peace Camp which incidentally gained a lot of support from men as well. We must not forget its vital contribution to D-Day. On 5th June 1944 General Eisenhower drove the 50 miles from his Headquarters to Greenham to meet Paratroops of the 10st Airborne who were to drop into Occupied Europe within hours. This iconic photograph captured at 8.20 pm came to symbolise Bravery

Attachments

• Capture 44.JPG
    Capture 44.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 92
This site has had a very chequered history however many people will only be aware of it because of the Women's Peace Camp which incidentally gained a lot of support from men as well. We must not forget its vital contribution to D-Day. On 5th June 1944 General Eisenhower drove the 50 miles from his Headquarters to Greenham to meet Paratroops of the 10st Airborne who were to drop into Occupied Europe within hours. This iconic photograph captured at 8.20 pm came to symbolise Bravery
Nope I remember it from going there before those do gooders got involved outside

Anybody heard of a possible access tunnel that runs between RAF Greenham common and RAF Welford munitions storage area to the north west ?
If this is a serious question then I very highly doubt that there is one. If there is it would be about 8 miles long. It would almost certainly have been sealed at the Greenham end and as RAF Welford is a VERY active MOD establishment I would not advise snooping around at that end looking for a portal.

If this is a serious question then I very highly doubt that there is one. If there is it would be about 8 miles long. It would almost certainly have been sealed at the Greenham end and as RAF Welford is a VERY active MOD establishment I would not advise snooping around at that end looking for a portal.
Just a rumour I heard about some years ago, yes definitely not a good idea to snoop around any MOD establishment, there can be some heavy penalties if caught.

The story of a tunnel has been circulating for many years possibly based on the story of a tunnel from the base to an outside location during WW2.

Latest posts

Back