RAF 'Santas Grotto' , November 2013 (Image Intensive Post)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed the post and photos but you've left a major clue as to its identity so pls don't assume it's 'safe' ;)

Yep took about 5 seconds to find it, but it's an active mod site for now and it is kinda pointless "hiding" it anyway imo.

I found it from the photos and description, but it took a while! :) Just the right amount of clues imo :)

I can deffo see why you'd want to keep the name off search engines tho!

Absolutely ACE!!! well shot and explored that man, I get both arguments for THAT shot of the cars, one hand it could be seen as gross disrespect and on the other shows your having a bit fun as that's what its all about too.

Top report.

nice site! Agree with some of the other posts about the location, took me all of a minute or two to track this down from my armchair - though would have been a lot harder were it not for one certain picture ;)

The site is still active as another RAF site uses it for overflow lodging, but the technical site and airfield have been under disposal since March 2013 under the defense rationalization scheme.

Oh is that what it's called? Don't the government give all these asset stripping money grabbing policies fancy names!

They do indeed - as well as more than likely use the proper British English spell checker, unlike me.

Great report sir, very comprehensive.

Its named on the tuther site so don't think there's much point secret squirreling now......

Latest posts

Back