Help Support Derelict Places:

jsp77

Veteran Member
Reaction score

Rubex

Guard Dog Bait
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I'm quite lucky that this is only 5 minutes from me. That sun set really was lovely. Great pics jsp77, I really enjoyed wandering around here :)

Wrench

DP Supporter
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Nice work.
As many have said I'm liking the setting sun shots.

Newage

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Love a good bomb dump............

Cheers Newage

Wrench

DP Supporter
Veteran Member
Reaction score
These days it would be wireless.
Haha you think? Maybe in the raf but ours don't even have a wired pendant, still the old pull ropes on all 5 of the cranes we have

Last edited:

Wrench

DP Supporter
Veteran Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20210809_155226.jpg
    20210809_155226.jpg
    945.1 KB · Views: 28

Hayman

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the photo: this picture is truly worth a thousand words. It is something I have not seen before. Did each of the chains attached to the steel rods work a rocker switcher - for up/down, across/back, along/back? And the one that is chain only? I love the bare wires for the traversing hoist. 440 volts AC? Some years ago I was illiciltly walking around a third rail tram or railway depot. To make serevicing easier, the tracks were several feet off the ground, and the live rails were within touching distance.

Wrench

DP Supporter
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the photo: this picture is truly worth a thousand words. It is something I have not seen before. Did each of the chains attached to the steel rods work a rocker switcher - for up/down, across/back, along/back? And the one that is chain only? I love the bare wires for the traversing hoist. 440 volts AC? Some years ago I was illiciltly walking around a third rail tram or railway depot. To make serevicing easier, the tracks were several feet off the ground, and the live rails were within touching distance.
No sir its DC 😱

Yes each one is left right, fed bkwd, up down as you say, the chain only is power on and off

Latest posts