Re: 10th Birthday Meetup - possible date change?

Help Support Derelict Places:

Status
Not open for further replies.

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Re: 10th Birthday Meetup - possible date change?

Hi all,

I've had quite a lot of PMs and queries about problems with the date of the meet up, many people can't make that date due to work and family commitments etc, and it's also become apparent that pretty much all hotels in Bristol are booked up for the original date, which is a major issue for people too.

So I'm proposing to move the date to one a few months away so that people can book time off work and get better hotel deals which will hopefully allow a lot more people to come, so I'm proposing the Great Derelict Places New Year and 10th Anniversary Meet in January. There's a couple of weekends possible and I'm including a poll for you to fill in to feedback (it should be at the top of this post), so please respond and I'll make arrangements accordingly.

If you've already booked for the 19th Sept and can't get any refunds etc please PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Sorry for the trouble, but I would love to see as many of you as possible. I really had no idea accomodation etc would be such a problem.

Thanks for your understanding,

Ben.

Last edited:

DirtyJigsaw

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
As I work shifts, ive looked ahead and im working Sat 16th Jan, but off Sat 30th jan :)

SlimJim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I may actually be up for it if it's in the winter. Things are gonna get busy this month and I'm running out of funds to travel. Might slot in quite well with other stuff in the area too.

smiler

Veteran Member
Reaction score
I may actually be up for it if it's in the winter. Things are gonna get busy this month and I'm running out of funds to travel. Might slot in quite well with other stuff in the area too.
If the the other stuff is having a nose somewhere, want some company?

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Reaction score
I may well be able to make January too.nice quiet month.book myself a hotel for the night..and krela can give me some derp locations for the area for me to do on the Sunday lol

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Reaction score
And if krela does not give out his secrets we will ply him with drinks all night till he spills his secrets.then we can go on one big exploring day..seriously though would love to meet you lot and put faces to names

Last edited:

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
And if krela does not give out his secrets we will ply him with drinks all night till he spills his secrets.then we can go on one big exploring day..seriously though would love to meet you lot and put faces to names

There are only two fatal flaws in your plan, the first being that I don't drink alcohol, the second being that I don't have any secrets. Apart from that it's a brilliant plan! :D

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Reaction score
There are only two fatal flaws in your plan, the first being that I don't drink alcohol, the second being that I don't have any secrets. Apart from that it's a brilliant plan! :D

Ha ha well that is that plan out of the window..and I am exactly the same.tea total.at least I can keep my wits about me

smiler

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Damn, there's always a snag, but then again the Boss DOES have five months to find something and I have have every faith in him, (No Pressure Ben) I'll just park meself on the naughty step.;)

smiler

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Ha ha well that is that plan out of the window..and I am exactly the same.tea total.at least I can keep my wits about me
Two non drinkers:sick: I shall have to go into training, it'll be good to meet you all, even if it's over a cup of tea

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Damn, there's always a snag, but then again the Boss DOES have five months to find something and I have have every faith in him, (No Pressure Ben) I'll just park meself on the naughty step.;)

Two non drinkers:sick: I shall have to go into training, it'll be good to meet you all, even if it's over a cup of tea

Unless you behave on that naughty step you'll be lucky if you get a bottle of pop and a packet of salt n shake crisps.

smiler

Veteran Member
Reaction score
I don't partake of sugery drinks or salty snacks, and the naughty step is my natural home, it does seem that the new date suits more of us than September did, should be fun and I look forward to it, on reflection I shall keep my suggestion of the use of a cattle prod to meself

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
30th for me :) (We have our works Xmas do on the 2nd weekend in January.... no really!)

The Wombat

Veteran Member
Reaction score
This is great news...
I really did't want to miss out on this, but as mentioned I have a prior commitment, and there didn't seem to be any hotels for under £200.
I should be able to make January, and look forward to meeting you all there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts