READ ME: New rules.

Help Support Derelict Places:

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi all, me yet again. Sorry about that.

Because of the volume of work the mods are having to do removing all the posts from new users asking where places are etc, they are starting to get grumpy and are threatening a mutiny. Frankly, I fear for my safety.

So with that in mind I have decided to add 2 simple new rules:

1) From now on all reports must include a Google or Bing map of the location, that should stop many of the grump inducing questions. But if it doesn't...

2) If someone asks in thread or via PM for location info you should ask them for their postcode, and use Google maps to provide them with custom directions door to door. If the door of the location isn't the entry point it might also be a nice touch to include added instructions for entry.

By following these simple rules you will be drastically cutting the workload of the mods, and keeping them, and thus me, happy. It's in all our best interests because let's face it, no one likes a grumpy mod!

Stay safe everyone!

Ben.

Northantz_Urbex

Reaction score
This does seem a good idea but will this include locations which are new and untouched as I think if posts like this are public they will end up destroyed this will only work well if locations are shown to full and trusted members but public I think it will ruin some of the special places us hardcore explorers have and know

Dirus_Strictus

Veteran Member
Reaction score
This was a fantastic idea and the end result very amusing. However, it does show - human nature being what it is, that one should never take things at face value. It can be a much safer life if one double checks, especially in some instances this hobby leads you to.

alex76

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just read this not long after getting up (only half way into my morning coffee) and thought "What!!!" Then realised the date nice one ben;)

Latest posts