Retro Tiles - Huge Abandoned Villa by the sea in Ibiza - Dec 2016

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_a_t_33

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I have absolutely no history on this place at all. Spotted one day in the distance while exploring over some rocks and gathered a few friends for an explore.

What the villa looks like at full zoom from afar. Looks like a pretty big place with 3 stories.

Ibiza Tile Villa 1.jpg

As we approached, we realised it's actually a lot bigger than first appeared. Without the trees and rock in the way, we see that it goes much further back than expected and actually sits over 4 stories.

Ibiza Tile Villa 2.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 3.jpg

As we arrived it became clear this place was just an empty carcuss, so we didn't expect to find much interesting inside.

Ibiza Tile Villa 4.jpg

Ok, let's go exploring!!

Ibiza Tile Villa 5.jpg

Courtyard

Ibiza Tile Villa 6.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 7.jpg

Stepping down into the courtyard

Ibiza Tile Villa 8.jpg

Welcome everyone to Penis Land. A clue as to what some of the islands most talented grafitti artists have been leaving in here...

Ibiza Tile Villa 9.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 10.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 11.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 12.jpg

What a location

Ibiza Tile Villa 13.jpg

The pool

Ibiza Tile Villa 15.jpg

Tennis courts to the right

Ibiza Tile Villa 16.jpg

First set of retro tiles

Ibiza Tile Villa 17.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 18.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 19.jpg

The flowers are the only life left in this place

Ibiza Tile Villa 20.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 21.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 22.jpg

Retro exterior tiles

Ibiza Tile Villa 23.jpg

Outdoor bar area... More retro tiles

Ibiza Tile Villa 24.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 25.jpg

Tennis courts

Ibiza Tile Villa 26.jpg

Front view

Ibiza Tile Villa 27.jpg

Under the tennis courts

Ibiza Tile Villa 28.jpg

Cute heart stone in one of the garden walls

Ibiza Tile Villa 29.jpg

On the drive way

Ibiza Tile Villa 30.jpg

Steps down the sea

Ibiza Tile Villa 31.jpg

A man made swimming pool in the garden and a nature made swimming pool down the bottom

Ibiza Tile Villa 32.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 33.jpg

The sea looked too good for someone not to resist. My eco-warrior dog cleaning plastic from the sea.

Ibiza Tile Villa 34.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 35.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 36.jpg

Paper clip tiles anyone?

Ibiza Tile Villa 37.jpg

Be interesting staring at this on LSD...

Ibiza Tile Villa 38a.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 39.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 40.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 41.jpg

One of the most deeply profound and motivating pieces of art I've ever seen

Ibiza Tile Villa 42.jpg

Didn't remember this being mentioned at Sunday school

Ibiza Tile Villa 43.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 44.jpg

Oh yes people... There are more retro tiles!

Ibiza Tile Villa 45.jpg

Loving how nature is slowly reclaiming this place with its beauty

Ibiza Tile Villa 46.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 47.jpg

On the roof with my explorer mum who came to visit me on the island

Ibiza Tile Villa 49.jpg

Ibiza Tile Villa 50.jpg

Last shot of the villa as we exit down the side

Ibiza Tile Villa 51.jpg

Will this place be developed? Or is it destined to be fully reclaimed by nature...?

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
What on earth do people do with these places? This one is HUGE and there are others all around them looking just as big.
At least the dog put the place to good use, I reckon it had a fun day.
I wonder if they ran out of money, ended up with huge debts and did a moonlight to find a small one room cabin in the woods?
It would probably make a great hotel but would anyone want to stay there?
Fantastic photos tho'. :)

What on earth do people do with these places? This one is HUGE and there are others all around them looking just as big.
At least the dog put the place to good use, I reckon it had a fun day.
I wonder if they ran out of money, ended up with huge debts and did a moonlight to find a small one room cabin in the woods?
It would probably make a great hotel but would anyone want to stay there?
Fantastic photos tho'. :)
More likely that it was built on land that wasn't zoned for building and taken off the owners by the state. That's happened a lot across Spain and the Balearics.

More likely that it was built on land that wasn't zoned for building and taken off the owners by the state. That's happened a lot across Spain and the Balearics.
I've also come across this before - even half-built hotels

Heck Woody Woodwood why would they go ahead and build on land that could be taken from them? Were they trying to off load money before taxes? That is a whole new world out there I have never seen before - and hope I never see in real life :(

Heck Woody Woodwood why would they go ahead and build on land that could be taken from them? Were they trying to off load money before taxes? That is a whole new world out there I have never seen before - and hope I never see in real life :(
The Spanish land laws are very different to ours, and over the years this has affected thousands of people. It's not unheard of for planning permission to be withdrawn after building has started (Google Shangri-la, Menorca). There was also a lot of forged documents which purported to provide planning permission where it had never been granted.

What a beautifull place this is.
I would love to visit it during our stay in September, when we will have our holiday on Ibiza

Great looking explore!

If I'm honest, the name could use some improvement... "Penis Land".

"Yeah I'm off to explore Penis Land love. See you tomorrow".

In Spain you can build without planning permisson and just pay a fine which is cheaper than getting planning permisson, sometimes it can backfire.

I have absolutely no history on this place at all. Spotted one day in the distance while exploring over some rocks and gathered a few friends for an explore.

What the villa looks like at full zoom from afar. Looks like a pretty big place with 3 stories.

View attachment 509341

As we approached, we realised it's actually a lot bigger than first appeared. Without the trees and rock in the way, we see that it goes much further back than expected and actually sits over 4 stories.

View attachment 509342
View attachment 509343

As we arrived it became clear this place was just an empty carcuss, so we didn't expect to find much interesting inside.

View attachment 509344

Ok, let's go exploring!!

View attachment 509345

Courtyard

View attachment 509346

View attachment 509347

Stepping down into the courtyard

View attachment 509348

Welcome everyone to Penis Land. A clue as to what some of the islands most talented grafitti artists have been leaving in here...

View attachment 509349
View attachment 509350
View attachment 509351
View attachment 509352

What a location

View attachment 509353

The pool

View attachment 509354

Tennis courts to the right

View attachment 509355

First set of retro tiles

View attachment 509356
View attachment 509357
View attachment 509358

The flowers are the only life left in this place

View attachment 509359
View attachment 509360
View attachment 509361

Retro exterior tiles

View attachment 509362

Outdoor bar area... More retro tiles

View attachment 509363
View attachment 509364

Tennis courts

View attachment 509365

Front view

View attachment 509366

Under the tennis courts

View attachment 509367

Cute heart stone in one of the garden walls

View attachment 509368

On the drive way

View attachment 509369

Steps down the sea

View attachment 509370

A man made swimming pool in the garden and a nature made swimming pool down the bottom

View attachment 509371
View attachment 509372

The sea looked too good for someone not to resist. My eco-warrior dog cleaning plastic from the sea.

View attachment 509373
View attachment 509374
View attachment 509375

Paper clip tiles anyone?

View attachment 509376

Be interesting staring at this on LSD...

View attachment 509377
View attachment 509378
View attachment 509379
View attachment 509380

One of the most deeply profound and motivating pieces of art I've ever seen

View attachment 509381

Didn't remember this being mentioned at Sunday school

View attachment 509382
View attachment 509383

Oh yes people... There are more retro tiles!

View attachment 509384

Loving how nature is slowly reclaiming this place with its beauty

View attachment 509385
View attachment 509386

On the roof with my explorer mum who came to visit me on the island

View attachment 509387
View attachment 509388

Last shot of the villa as we exit down the side

View attachment 509389

Will this place be developed? Or is it destined to be fully reclaimed by nature...?

Thanks for looking :) I have a question where exactly is this place like what's the address id be delighted to check it out would love to explore

... another place that makes me long for a best seller to buy and do it up.... many thanks. [first thing to go will be the tiles lol!]

In Spain you can build without planning permisson and just pay a fine which is cheaper than getting planning permisson, sometimes it can backfire.
Same here in Portugal. Lets say you check if it's viable, and it is, so then you apply for planning to build a swimming pool. But you are faced with a delay well in excess of a year (and more often than not way way more!) together with the application of ridiculous conditions before they will even condescend to look at your application - in one instance I know of a couple wanting to build a pool and they were told that whilst they had sufficient compliance with all the rules to theoretically have planning permission for the pool granted they would have to restore their entire landscaped garden back to bare earth before the application would even be accepted let alone whether it would be granted or otherwise! The fault in this instance was that the previous owners of the house in question, which was built as a residence within an agricultural holding, was situated in a former citrus orchard and they had broken planning rules by landscaping the orchard and turning it into a garden! In instances of this nature more often than not people simply go ahead and build knowing that in theory they could end up having to demolish again however more often than not they simply have to pay a find and request planning permission retrospectively!

The trouble with Spain used to be that local councils had absolute power and even appeals to a higher authority will fail. It's not unknown for an individual to buy a plot of land, go though all the necessary application processes complying with ALL regulations until they have it all tied up properly; build a lovely retirement home, and then have two thirds of their landscaped garden compulsory purchased AT BARE ROCK prices with zero allowance made for the state it is currently in or for any betterment, and a motorway appears running through literally within yards of the front wall. Whether this has changed since I last looked into Spanish rules I don't know but somehow I doubt it!

I wonder if that villa was owned by a footballer or the like who fell from grace and went bust? It smacks of that to me.

Amazing explore! Nice one!!!

Back