Rivermead Leisure Centre Swimming Pool, Reading 2021

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riskybex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivermead Complex was built in the 1980s and is still an active leisure but the swimming pool is a derelict part of the site which closed in 2020 just before all the lockdowns.
The pool is separated from the rest of the site and the whole complex is set to be demolished when the new complex and pool currently being built on the car park is completed which will be next year (2023).

Another location which I thought was not worth getting the camera out, these were taken on my mobile phone.

Last edited:
Yep agree Jat33 I seem to remember going there but then it might have been Bracknell. Rivermead was no there when I was a kid, I went to Brentford Road and Kingsmeadows but have to agree where are said photos

I remember working a paper round for a newspaper headquartered roughly opposite Rivermead, we got invited to a special pre-opening day there with presumably a bunch of others on paper rounds, must have been '88 or '89, I'd guess. Took the kids in maybe 2015 or 2016, wasn't overly impressed. Not that the Didcot one is really any better.

Latest posts

Back