Rock Common Quarry - You probably won't see this in person..

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frisboo

Reaction score
I have driven the same road for years in my area. The other day I took a side road (no rest stops during lockdown!) and I spotted an old quarry! Not just that but it looked amazing, like nothing I have seen in my area before. It looks near impossible to get into but luckily I had my drone on me. I have shared this on my YouTube channel. Check them out!

Decent footage that but Im not sure why you think no-one would ever get in there, looks pretty straightforward to me.
It also looks like parts are still in use to me but may be wrong

Decent footage that but Im not sure why you think no-one would ever get in there, looks pretty straightforward to me.
It also looks like parts are still in use to me but may be wrong
The only parts of it that don’t have barbed wire and CCTV are cliff edges so I think it’s probably unlikely anyone will go in there. It does have some signs of it having been entered in vehicles but it’s not being used for anything in particular, locals are upset as they have wanted to fill it in with (I think it was) sand and other plans included using it for waste landfill

The only parts of it that don’t have barbed wire and CCTV are cliff edges so I think it’s probably unlikely anyone will go in there. It does have some signs of it having been entered in vehicles but it’s not being used for anything in particular, locals are upset as they have wanted to fill it in with (I think it was) sand and other plans included using it for waste landfill

It looks quite doable to me & may be worth it as it looks like there is a bit of machinery left

I live very close to this venue and have taken a walk round the top of the cliffs a couple of times. A landfill application was thrown out in 2009 / 2010 and a second application in 2015 was also defeated, but I wouldn't count on it not being applied for a third time.

A friend of mine is closely involved with a branch of the local parish council (no name, as I am sure you'll understand) and I'll ask about access for historical record photography. I'll update you as I go.

And apologies, there is something wrong with my redirect on the URL at the moment.

Latest posts

Back