Royal Victoria Hospital, Kent. Nov '11

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, first-time poster here just admiring some of the great photos on this site :)

For saying the hospital only closed down fairly recently, I'm surprised at how badly the paint has peeled in some sections of the building! Otherwise it seems in pretty good condition. Also I agree that it's shocking that the hospital still contains old patient records although I must confess, being the nosy (or should I say curious ;)) git that I am, I would definitely have looked through them :lol:

Awesome pics nelly! Really ace history too, I dunno how you find these old pics! I'm glad the stitch worked too, looks awesome!
Oh and welcome to the forum Gramma6! :)

Hi, first-time poster here just admiring some of the great photos on this site :)

For saying the hospital only closed down fairly recently, I'm surprised at how badly the paint has peeled in some sections of the building! Otherwise it seems in pretty good condition. Also I agree that it's shocking that the hospital still contains old patient records although I must confess, being the nosy (or should I say curious ;)) git that I am, I would definitely have looked through them :lol:

The speed at which the peely paint has happened may have something to do with the fact that a lot of the windows have been removed to allow for the framework for the steel shuttering thus allowing the damp in.

If you are unaware of how it works, steel shuttering is normally put on like this, steel cover on the outside, long bars (wider than the window) with holes in on the inside, long threaded rods with dome heads go from the outside and through the holey bar and are bolted from the inside, there, clear as mud!!!

Awesome pics nelly! Really ace history too, I dunno how you find these old pics! I'm glad the stitch worked too, looks awesome!
Oh and welcome to the forum Gramma6! :)

Cheers mate, the old pics come from trawling through Google, thanks for joining us, it was a bloody good (but long) day!!!

Latest posts

Back