Ruperra Castle (Nr. Caerphilly)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cardiff1927

Reaction score
What I learn't today.... Do NOT wear shorts, whatever the weather and buy an OS map of the area... Do NOT rely on directions by memory.

Also, I got covered in wet tar/non-drying paint!!

Anyway, history; http://www.ruperra.org.uk/

My way in....
RuperraUse1.jpg

Saw her through the trees....
RuperraUse2.jpg

South entrance....
RuperraUse14.jpg

RuperraUse3.jpg

Fireplace....
RuperraUse8.jpg

Timber....
RuperraUse7.jpg

RuperraUse4.jpg

Inside...
RuperraUse9.jpg

RuperraUse10.jpg

Pond....
RuperraUse12.jpg

Stable area....
RuperraUse5.jpg

Stables....
RuperraUse6.jpg

Goodbye.... for now.
RuperraUse15.jpg

ruperra castle

When u gonna take me stu......its looks lovely & i need to see it :mrgreen:
Thanx for the pics cardiff :)

Tar very much for these gorgeous pictures.
Of all my favorite places to visit,number one on the list has to be derelict old mansions... this grand old seat certainly fits that bill down to a tee,what a wonderful place!
Somewhat sad though; that this great edifice is almost certainly never going to be restored in anyway,atleast I assume so (hope I am wrong)
But as it stands now,it is a truly romantic gem of the forever diminishing stock of great aristocratic seats.
Love the shots... many thanks.:)

lovely photos .. does anyone know whats going on with the castle now has it been sold? or is it still doable fallen in love with this place would love to see it at the end of the month

lovely photos .. does anyone know whats going on with the castle now has it been sold? or is it still doable fallen in love with this place would love to see it at the end of the month

Its privately owned by the people living in the house next to it. They use the stable block too.
They are not very approachable either & dont take kindly to anyone going in.
Its a real shame they have something like that & are happy to let it crumble

Latest posts

Back