Second, better intro

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spookyjim

Reaction score
Hello!

My first intro on here wasn't that great to say the least, so I'm re-introducing myself.

I go by SpookyJim, SpookyJimChristmas, SJ or SJC. If you're a Twenty One Pilots fan then you'll most likely understand the reference. I come from the South East, not too far from London. I'm 15, in year 10 and I've taken Photography (plus my other courses) for GCSE, so I like to think I'm fairly decent at getting pictures.
My hobbies include writing, any form of art, playing guitar, bass and ukulele, urbex, walking/hiking and photography. I've so far done 3 successful explores (2 houses and a mortuary), 1 unsuccessful explore (Silverlands Manor) and I'm planning on doing one this weekend. In the summer I'm planning on going up to London with my aunt for a weekend to explore as many places as possible, including HArperbury Hospital if it hasn't been demolished by then.

My urbex kit includes spare socks (no one wants wet feet), warm thick gloves with grip, a basic first aid kit, a JSP Force 8 P2 half mask respirator with F8-002 filters, two torches, glowsticks, spare batteries, goggles, first aid manual, towel (no one likes dirty water on them), notebook and two pens, multitool, ID, spare money, snacks and water. This is all carried in a 1950's army backpack.

If you have any questions or would just like to talk, please don't hesitate to either message me or add me as a friend.

SJC

So, when you registered you had to lie about your date of birth I imagine because you kept seeing this message:

"Sorry, we are unable to register your account at this time. Please note we do not allow registrations from people under the age of 18."

There's a reason for this.

Anyway at least your kit suggests you try and do things safely.

Be nice krela, he sounds a good kid, and he's the only teenager in the UK that doesn't carry a mobile phone��, Welcome to the nuthouse SJ, Stay Safe and I'd be delighted to add you as a friend.

Be nice krela, he sounds a good kid, and he's the only teenager in the UK that doesn't carry a mobile phone��, Welcome to the nuthouse SJ, Stay Safe and I'd be delighted to add you as a friend.

As I said there are reasons, nothing to do with being nice or not.

So, when you registered you had to lie about your date of birth I imagine because you kept seeing this message:

"Sorry, we are unable to register your account at this time. Please note we do not allow registrations from people under the age of 18."

Does that mean ExplorerX is out as I believe he mentioned he is only 14?

Just saying.. :)

Is he? Fucksake it's practically a child invasion.

Look guys, if you're going to lie to get around rules, don't then go making it obvious that you've done so. Don't talk about your age on here ever again, ok?

Also, I will assume that you're always under the supervision of a responsible adult who is over 18 whilst poking around derelict, abandoned and private property, because obviously you are right? Good, glad we've cleared that up.

Have fun but stay safe people!

Last edited:
Welcome, I might ditch the multi tool while out and about exploring in London, if caught the police might say it counts as "going equipped".

Well at least you seem to enjoy the outdoor life and have a sensible head in your shoulders.and your not just stuck on an x box all day making your brain go mushy

Hahaha some of your comments crack me up:D...my mental age is most def under 12 on a good day.

But most importantly, someone under the age of 40 thats actually carrying an analogue pen and note book, I like your style:D

Im surprised you have any time for urbex with all them instruments you play too lol

Yeah ditch the tools dude, I got done for going equipped when I was about your age,not good lol

Hahaha some of your comments crack me up:D...my mental age is most def under 12 on a good day.

But most importantly, someone under the age of 40 thats actually carrying an analogue pen and note book, I like your style:D

Im surprised you have any time for urbex with all them instruments you play too lol

Yeah ditch the tools dude, I got done for going equipped when I was about your age,not good lol

You sure your that mature PV, buggered if I am, and when you got done for going equipped it was with a bulldozer😈

Ahhh, I haven't been on here for ages. I should mention that I have ditched the multi tool since taking up boxing so at least I have my self defense.
I was made aware of two potential new explores last night by my mother's best friend, so expect some new posts!

Back