Security Camera's and loudspeaker warnings

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Krela...think i will and when they all get crushed when buildings come down,at least there will be questions asked.

Amazing what these contractors think they can get away with.

It sounds like you had quite an adventure at that mansion. Security measures like those cameras and loudspeaker warnings can be surprising, but they're not uncommon in abandoned places.

Last edited:
You think speakers and PIR's are scary try the German Secca team that scan for Bluetooth and Wifi signals, track you down that way :-(

Just wanna add that UrbEx can be wild, but loudspeaker warnings? That's the next level. I've heard of places upping their security game, but that's some intense stuff.
Are such loudspeaker warnings live - or automated recorded responses? In the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as Ford Prefect and company near the planet of Magrathea, their approach triggers an automated recorded message, from the Commercial Council of Magrathea, that notes that Magrathea is currently closed for business, and to leave. A follow-up message announces that nuclear missiles will be launched against the ship.

The missiles are detected, and the crew struggle to get the Heart of Gold to escape the missiles. Disaster is averted when Arthur activates the Infinite Improbability Drive and the missiles are turned into a bowl of petunias and a very surprised-looking sperm whale.

I doubt if the German secca mob have nuclear missiles, but you never know. And they would really make the place derelict.

Just wanna add that UrbEx can be wild, but loudspeaker warnings? That's the next level. I've heard of places upping their security game, but that's some intense stuff.

Speaking of security, ever heard of this Security Holding? They're all about using the latest tech in the security field. They've been around since 2012 and cover a good chunk of the Ukrainian market. Not saying that mansion you visited is using them, but it's clear that places are getting more tech-savvy with their security measures. But hey, don't let this experience deter you. Maybe just do a bit more recon before the next adventure.

The mansion wasn’t thornseat lodge was it? The amount of times I’ve been there, I’m surprised the prerecord still works every time I go. Not all speakers now, but about half of them last time I went. They concerned me in 2019, but never again. Even with a house nearby.

been about for a while, u just need to determine if its a pre recorded message set off by a motion sensor (ignore it) or a actual guy who has spotted u on camera (leg it)

Latest posts

Back