Severalls Lunatic Asylum – Colchester Essex – 1980’s – 2015

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolute superb report on this place, Best one yet in my opinion, I love it so much, just like yourself I am attached to the history. must say only been about 4 times and every time I have been caught by the notorious Michael.

Unfortunately haven't been able to visit for about a year as the explorers I went with have decided to become busy with their ladies, so always interested in going with some new people

Lets just say Sevs might not be the wisest choice after what appeared splashed all over the media earlier this week.

Lets just say Sevs might not be the wisest choice after what appeared splashed all over the media earlier this week.

Indeed, the NHS estate management team are not impressed. I have to say neither am I. Six O'clock evening news, cheers pal!

Indeed, the NHS estate management team are not impressed. I have to say neither am I. Six O'clock evening news, cheers pal!

Neither am I, or anyone else with a shred of respect in these parts. The media will chew him up and spit him out sooner or later and then he'll be on his own.

Fantastic report, I share your favination/obsession with Severalls and find it a very peaceful place, not weird or creepy.

Sounds like ditching the date was a good idea - however I'd rather go to severalls than a bar!

Absolutely loved this report, such a great story about a building that has captivated my attention for years, thank you so much. After six years of just viewing this site I was so inspired to become a member because I had to thank you!

Great write up and it was entertaining. Severalls is still the one place I never made it to although "Michael" reminds me of a certain other security guard who caught me several times (out of literally hundreds) at Cane Hill. That said, I'm pretty sure he knew I was there the majority of the time but my solution was simple - a four pack of beer and a 30 minute chat about everything and nothing and I was good to go :).

Like you said, if you're caught you're caught - no point trying to deny it and really not a good idea to run. Back to your post, thanks again for the photos and a truly entertaining post :)

0xygen

friggin awesome report ! seriously thinking of putting my drone over Sevs now for a different perspective on things..

Thanks for the comments guys

Steve, now is the time to do it, theyve chopped all the trees and bushes down

Back