Shaw mill 09/08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bignickb

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I teamed up with darkscore to view a find of his! It's part of an old complex of buildings that have vanished over the years, the remainder was a fair game to us - via a hairy entrance!
This place had all the hallmarks of a textile dying/ preperation facility that has been empty for a long time!
It is also extremely dangerous and not a place to visit alone, another of our crew fell through a floor and injured himself while scouting on his own - not the done thing in Urbex. He was fine but for a few bruises but it could have been far worse.

This big old building was full of joys though, sadly it was dark by the time we met up so I had to use a seperate camera flash to 'Paint' light onto the subjects.
Thank heavens for wind up torches, my big high powered lamp died within an hour and you couldn't see your hand in front of your face down there!

The main power board - I'm glad it was switched off!
DSC05481.jpg

Some old belts
DSC05486.jpg

Hung out to dry
DSC05485.jpg

Main stairway in 1
DSC05484.jpg

Main Stairway in 2
DSC05489.jpg

Old trolley!
DSC05488.jpg

Some kind of press! It was really hazardous to get to so I had to snap quickly using my inbuilt flash.
DSC05497.jpg

More fuseboxes!
DSC05496.jpg

Pumps!
DSC05495.jpg

Top Geyser! Ha ha! I wouldn't drink the tea made from this one!
DSC05494.jpg

We suspect that this was the boiler mountings!
DSC05492.jpg

Heavy Duty Hatch.
DSC05501.jpg

A swatch and dye information manual!
DSC05512.jpg

An old boot that looked like spiders had lived in.
DSC05514.jpg

An old portable sewing machine table.
DSC05521.jpg

Old trolley! But the looks of it's design - it was for some pretty heavy loads.
DSC05520.jpg

Open room 1. The floor was very dodgy in here.
DSC05530.jpg

Open room 2. This was as far in as we got in this room.
DSC05529.jpg

A capacitor relay! It needs 1.21 gigawatts to run. ha ha!
DSC05528.jpg

A lower view of the relay unit!
DSC05526.jpg

That is one scary looking place but looks very interesting as well.You got some good shots for saying it was dark and dingy.What is going to happen to it,do you know,is it listed etc??.:)Nice work:exclaim:

where is this pal?? im in manchester myself and am a bit of a textiles buff!! and dont recognise it!!

PM me or e-mail [email protected] with the details if you dont mind!!

B..

Back