Quantcast

Site costs & Fundraising 2017.

Help Support Derelict Places:

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'll keep this really easy and transparent. There's two options if you want to support me and the site in 2017.

I'm doing a whole bunch of stuff (mainly running long distances in mud) to raise money for an eating disorder charity in memory of a good friend of mine who died back in 2011. It would be lovely if you could donate to support me in that. Lots more info on my justgiving page:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/krelaben

OR, you can use paypal to bung me a couple of quid towards server costs etc for the site. I'm going to switch the site over to using SSL soon to bring it up to current security standards and that will increase the yearly costs.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=_xclick&currency_code=GBP&item_name=donation

Many thanks to those of you who have donated in the past, and to those of you who will donate in the future!

Ben.

smiler

Reaction score
Couple of queries, are you getting plastered, can we have a pic, WTF is SSL, Me poor pensioners pennies on the way. K

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Plastered in mud? Multiples times most likely, and there will definitely be pictures.

SSL is what gives you the little padlock in your browser address bar that tells you that no-one is going to steal your data when you type it in, it will soon become the standard for any website that requires a password.

smiler

Reaction score
Can't wait too see em, and I did mean plastered in mud, I didn't notice the other connotation that could have bin put on it ��

Dirus_Strictus

Reaction score
In all honesty no amount of money will repay you for the real enjoyment I get out of this forum and all your hard work Ben. Thanks for a very interesting year and I hope you have a good fund raising 2017.

smiler

Reaction score
Steady, that's verging on creepy! lol. You can have them online like everyone else. Many thanks though. :)

Spoilsport, good luck with your charity fundraising, will you doing the fire walk again? I still got a gallon of petrol to donate.😇

Newage

Reaction score
Ben.
Do you still need any money for the site and server upgrades.

I get paid in a few weeks so can bosh you some Wonga.com

Cheers Mike T

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Donations are always welcome, either to me directly or to my justgiving charity fundraising page. :)

Newage

Reaction score
I'll shoot you some money over in a couple of weeks.

Cheers Newage