Slebech Church, South Wales

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sam

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
visited here whilst on holiday, my gran had it marked on an OS map as 'remains of' and its apparently a templar church dad joined us too much to his dislike as he wanted to be on the beach, after a rough measure up on the map i decided it was about a 2 mile walk so off we went,

still it was worth the walk the atmosphere here was quite something im not a relegious person and dont tend to like churches but i would happily make a return visit, not many pictures and they realy dont do the place justice

DSCF0787.jpg

DSCF0772.jpg

DSCF0774.jpg

unfortunatly we had ran out of drink with a 2 mile walk back, double unfortunatly the holy water didnt look to appetising

oooooooooooooooooh i love remains of churches and abbeys etc. this one looks brilliant. do you know if there's a crypt or underground parts of the church? You've got some great pictures. There's just something special about them. More please.

Cheers,

:) Sal

thats the only 3 i uploaded theres no end wherever i saved them on the computer ill stick up when i find them

no hint to any crypts, the bell tower is barred off and theres a small plaque in the entrance along with a ring out a tree trunk from a yew tree blieved to be over 1000 years old

there was a recent thread on 28dl with another abandoned church at Slebech there's a crypt at that one

Nice one! I echo Sal about churches...love 'em too. There's just something wonderful about the architecture and the feeling you get around them. :)
Cheers Mr Sam.

Foxy :)

Latest posts

Back