Spondon (Locko park) ROC.... Waders Needed!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaputnik

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
A couple of months back i took a look at the post in the grounds of Locko park, Spondon, it's at SK4087 3789.
DSCN0629.jpg

a flat steel bar was pushed thru a loop but not padlocked....
DSCN0641.jpg

looked wet down there, very wet...

locko.jpg

but went in for a look....
DSCN0636.jpg

DSCN0637.jpg

the pics down here are a bit shaky, as i was trying to hold on to the ladder, crouch down but not get wet, and get a picture or two, so apologies!
DSCN0633.jpg

don't fancy the bottom bunk much. must have been 3ft deep +
this post was used by amateur radio buffs as a slightly illegal booster station sometime in the '80's apparently, there is still a length of co-ax cable dangling thru the tube in the ceiling. wouldn't mind a return visit with some waders sometime, as it is not too far from me.
thanks for looking.:)

Last edited:
cheers for posting this up.
i wondered what it was like even though we never found it!!
nice one mate

being fair. There's not going to be much else, I'd say a trip with waders would be a bit of a waste of time...

Its a shame that posts get like this, although its been flooded at least since subbrit went.

the damage up top, missing vent louvres, and smashed concrete have, and still are, obviously been letting water in, shame, as it didn't look to be in too bad condition :( also the unlocked hatch may have been left wide open for a while in the past, adding to the water depth.

Yes I would agree with Turkey. IN my opinion the post looks stripped nothing is floating in the water in your picture. The green wall is unusual it must have made it a bit dark down there. Still great work for getting in there and thanks for sharing your pictures.

Rob...

the damage up top, missing vent louvres, and smashed concrete have, and still are, obviously been letting water in, shame, as it didn't look to be in too bad condition :( also the unlocked hatch may have been left wide open for a while in the past, adding to the water depth.
How do I find it?

Or he could have looked at the OP and realised it has OS map coordinates given.

Also the fact he joined up specifically to ask and his username has "official" in it makes me think there might well be a WOW WE FOUND A SECRET NUCLEAR BUNKER!!!! 😱😱😱 coming up soon on goontube... COULD THIS HIDDEN WALL WAS PAINTED GREEN BY GHOSTS!!!??

🤣🤣🙄
Here's where it is, complete with a map for you.
https://www.subbrit.org.uk/sites/spondon-roc-post/[/UR

Back