St Andrews Asylum - Norwich - April 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one and well done with the shots.. certainly nice to see the old girl again! I've visited at least four times now and the place never lets me down. Certainly access for us was elaborate so say the least!! X loved it though!!!

Defo mask up if you are heading in as I was talking to the asbestos boys who have been at it for 7 weeks now & have at least another 7 to go. I head up every week for a nosey as I really love her. Unfortunately she is to be razed to the ground when the asbestos guys are done, even the footings are coming out.Another one soon to be lost...

Had a look in there just now with a friend of mine for the first time. . Was no problem getting in. Nice pics :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one and well done with the shots.. certainly nice to see the old girl again! I've visited at least four times now and the place never lets me down. Certainly access for us was elaborate so say the least!! X loved it though!!!

Whoa.. no access details peeps!Go easy, it's not just us that reads this.

Yeah, deffo the access was more fun than the explore Shuck. Especially when you just one-handed-lifted Em_UX to freedom...JUST as the secca van was going past. We all looked up like stunned rabbits. Secca man was adjusting his van radio! That was a few years ago now tho!

Awesome, awesome explore.

You survived then? Haha, you did well...i can see wot u mean by dark in there, most places board up the lower windows they don't bother wiv the top....did you have to use that comode then? Goin into that pitch black cellar reminded me of a little trip when i was on me own and went into a steep cellar couldn't see a thing torch died,started to use camera flash to get out, so blinded meself just as the cellar door slammed...i didnt need a comode i just shat meself. Always check u gota lump of wood in the door if your on ya own cause i nearly got stuck in.

I like it :)
I've never visited here & there's still plenty to see.
Nice stuff UE-OMJ ;)

Thanks

Excellent - It's been a bit of a goal of mine to actually do somewhere that you've not already been :) I feel like I've moved up a level now :) I like doing all these sites but I always feel that I'm constantly following in the footsteps of others. Not much new/undiscovered places left I guess.

I did a 2nd visit to St Andrews a few days ago, much harder to get in this time, I'll add those pics later today...

Steve

Cheers Steve rest assured there so many places I’ve not seen.
I just think it’s a bit harder as we are not a million miles away from each other and I guess I’ve just been doing it for a few years.
So I guess it's just a case I’ve had a head start is all lol.;)

The scope of you travelling with work creates a great scope though for some out of our local area splores & fair play to you.

Great to see a guy who's jumped in with both feet and with a passion.
Keep em coming :)

C'mon SK, I'll show you round! :p
It's been a couple of years since I've been, and was surprised to hear it was easy to get in, so am glad to hear it seems to be hard to do again. It's in pretty good nick!

Good pics!

Hi nice pictures!!

This building is almost ideentical to another asylum in Gloucester called Coney Hill. - It was derelict for many many years.... Now it has been converted to flats.

Regards
H

Work sent me to Norwich again, this time with a colleage who seemed curious about this Asylum so he ending up being given a tour round there :)

Here's a bunch of new photos, showing a few of the bits I missed on my first visit...

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

These are the four isolation rooms I missed on my first visit...

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

b8.jpg

b9.jpg

b10.jpg

b11.jpg

b12.jpg

b13.jpg

b14.jpg

This was the second basement that I wasnt able to find on my first visit...

b15.jpg

b16.jpg

b17.jpg

b18.jpg

b19.jpg

This 'hidden' ladder was concealed in a long thin cupboard, which was also inside another cupboard! and led up to the tower area above the main reception...

b20.jpg

Although there didnt seem to be much up here...

b21.jpg

b22.jpg

b23.jpg

Nothing strange about finding dead birds, except this one had a huge nail in it!!!

b24.jpg

b25.jpg

b26.jpg

b27.jpg

b28.jpg

b29.jpg

b30.jpg

b31.jpg

b32.jpg

b33.jpg

b34.jpg

Last edited:
Greta report and pictures, I was there for a while when I was contracting and working on the governments 'money no object' NHS computer database, looks just like i remember, can even remember the way round inside and recognised some of the areas from the pics, might add that to my list !

Latest posts

Back