St Andrews Church, Woodwalton

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janey68

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
St Andrews church - mentioned in the Domesday book. It is thought to be isolated due to the fact that Woodwalton Castle was to the north and Sawtry Abbey to the West, with the village settlement to the South. It is constructed of coursed limestone rubble with limestone dressing and has a terracotta tiled roof.

The church is now redundant and has lost lead from the roof and sustained major vandalism, causing there to be no stained glass windows and badly damaged furniture on the inside. It is on the Heritage at risk register. the organ is no longer present as it has been given to St Barnabus Church in Huntingdon.

The Churches foundations are unsettled, which means the tower and the body of the Church are settling at different rates. Serious cracking in the chancel.

On with the pictures. I cant get inside as they shut it up tight until September.

This is my first report so please be kind.

janepictures009.jpg

janepictures012.jpg

janepictures011.jpg

janepictures045.jpg

janepictures017.jpg

janepictures028.jpg

janepictures041.jpg

janepictures055.jpg

I know the photos are different sizes, hope they wont annoy anyone too much.....:(

Thanks for looking.

How can people vandalise churches??? :confused: Lovely place, bet you cant wait to get in in September...:)

Nice first report Janey, quality pics but please pleae please turn that date off :mrgreen:

Hi Janey,
There’s no need for kindness, it’s a good report and lovely pics, I enjoyed looking at them, Thanks.

church

that is a fantastic report i love your report thank you for shareing it.im surised the yobs havent striped the roof and smashed it totaly.there are so maney derelict churches around, makes you wonder if him upstairs will forgive them.well done babe.

Latest posts

Back