St Catherines Fort, Tenby, Wales

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wondered how it looked inside everytime I've been to Tenby[love the place] & it's.....well more modern than I imagined, if that makes sense.
I read somewhere some eccentric man owned it & ran it as some sort of zoo until he either abandoned it or ran out of money.

Thanks so very much for undertaking this particular mission and taking such comprehensive photos.

Like most people who've ever laid eyes on the fort, I fell in love with it instantly and harbour deeply unrealistic ambitions to live in it one day.

Any sign of the ghost, by the way? (Someone's supposed to have hanged themselves in there many years ago.)

And have you ever sneaked into Scoveston Fort in Pembrokeshire? Enormous, but might make a great naturist resort one day. http://www.palmerstonforts.org.uk/gall/Scoveston.php

I feel really sorry for Hubberstone Fort near Milford Haven. Modern housing built all round it. What an awful fate.

I love seeing pics of this place :) it reminds me of the forts you see in and around Portsmouth. It must have been a miserable place during the winter months though :confused:

Well Daddybear you cannot bet a bit of chicken and mushroom pot noodle...

Brings back memories

My sister and I went just a little ways in, but we were too scared to go further. That was over 20 years ago! Thanks for the look.

Latest posts

Back