St. David's Hospital, Carmarthen & patient graffiti (pic heavy), '11

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this postcard inside a book I got from Carmarthen Free Books today. The front features an old engraving of the hospital entitled "J C Asylum, Carmarthen". I am not sure why anyone would want to send a postcard from this place: "Wish you were here."?!! "Having a lovely time."?!!
I found this postcard inside a book I got from Carmarthen Free Books today. The front features an old engraving of the hospital entitled "J C Asylum, Carmarthen". I am not sure why anyone would want to send a postcard from this place: "Wish you were here."?!! "Having a lovely time."?!!
Perhaps staff members sending photos of where they work? Or relatives of those sent to the asylum.

There is something ironic about "The hospital closed around 2002 and in 2003 Carmarthenshire Council bid £3m for the site to prevent it from being used to process and house asylum seekers". For asylum seekers read people willing to pay large sums of money to be trafficked thousands of miles to illegally arrive in the UK, having passed through many safe countries between their native lands and England.

Back