St George's Asylum, Stafford April 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashmatt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Myself, Meth, Mat_100 and Kerry met up and took a gentle stroll, we just happened to find ourselves wandering into the asylum. Many thanks to Meth, as there are things I know I would have missed if he'd not been with us.

It wasn't long before we were inside the perimeter

And then inside the building

And then we found a short bit of tunnel

But it didn't go far

Meth climbing back out

Standard corridor shots

Exterior of Chapel, as shot from the roof of a single story building

The Chapel

The water tower. I really wanted to get in here, but it took a while before we got there.

The main staircase, with its double height hand rails

Shot up from the ground floor

Shot down from the top floor

Rainbow corridor

The main hall

Patient art on the walls

This one with an assist from Meth, who held an electrical conduit out the way of the shot

Lift mechanism

One end of the main corridor

The view from the roof

This bit was flat before I stepped on it. briefly :)

Obligatory shot

Panic Button

Ward Closed

Plants reclaim the area

Paperwork

View from the water tower

Long Way Down

Depth gauge

Me sticking out the entrance to the water tower

The ladder

Laundry building

Three of four on the rooftop

Aw man, i wish i didn't have to work and i missed out! :cry: You know i'm still jealous!

Still at least i did Severalls the day before so i'm happy!

Good pics as always chap

some cracking pictures there. a very enjoyable day - nice relaxed explore and great company :)

PS I'm sorry I stole your torch :p

Aw man, i wish i didn't have to work and i missed out! :cry: You know i'm still jealous!

Still at least i did Severalls the day before so i'm happy!

Good pics as always chap

You missed a good day out. I'll take you in, I'll drop you a pm when I'm more awake.

Don't forget the biscuits :)

some cracking pictures there. a very enjoyable day - nice relaxed explore and great company :)

PS I'm sorry I stole your torch :p

Don't worry about the torch, I've still got the torch Ashless lent me a couple of weeks ago.

I was trying to email you the shots I took of you today, but I've given up for now and will try again tomorrow.

Thanks for your assistance today :)

Excellent pics again. I loved this place when we visited it last year, love the rooftop shots, and seeing down the water tower ladder. I never got to see the laundry, and there's quite a few pics you've taken and i haven't seen those places either lol. I will definitely have to get back there do do all the parts ive missed.

Cheers mate,

:) Sal

ps. no wonder you're tired, with the amount of places you've been to this weekend lol.

very dodgy floors, the ground floor sucked me in.

but by far the most sketchy floor has to be the roof space where i saw my life flash by.

amazing place though, if anyone else is up for going another time i am definetly game.

I am extremely impressed at this report. Not only does it look like you've covered a lot of ground in one trip, but you have selected your photos well. There are plenty of views from St. Georges that i havn't seen before (in person or in other reports).

Thanks for sharing :cool:

Always a real pleasure to see St George's. Excellent photos, CM. Particularly enjoyed the ones of the chapel, which still looks gorgeous despite it's dilapidated state. :)

This place gets visited so often. Glad you guys had a nice explore.

It certainly does, we bumped into two other guys after we'd been there for a few hours. Then a whole load of others as we were on our way out. Not particularly impressed to find that someone had left the access points wide open and visible.

I am extremely impressed at this report. Not only does it look like you've covered a lot of ground in one trip, but you have selected your photos well. There are plenty of views from St. Georges that i havn't seen before (in person or in other reports).

Thanks for sharing :cool:

Thanks. It was a really good trip, much to see. I think we must have pretty well covered the whole place, thanks to Meth.

very dodgy floors, the ground floor sucked me in.

but by far the most sketchy floor has to be the roof space where i saw my life flash by.

amazing place though, if anyone else is up for going another time i am definetly game.

You clumsy bugger :)

Super awesome shots!!! Beat me to this one. Wish I'd been along there, it looks totally amazing. Fantastic report, and some great, different shots. Nice work! :mrgreen:

Nice comprehensive report there :) Some lovely exterior shots...I think I only managed to get 1 shot of the outside when I was there :(. I Really like that shot of the room with the plants growing through the floor. Well done for getting up the water tower too...I know it's a bit of a squeeze!!!!...to say the least!

RA

Last edited:
Great pics, went for a walk there at the weekend, didn't try to get in due to having ten year old son in tow, bad example and all that! I would love to get inside and have a look round

Latest posts

Back