St Johns - The Nursery - Bracebridge - June 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UE-OMJ

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Officially called Teddy Bears Day Nursury

This is part 2 of my St Johns post, I really felt that this section needed a thread of it's own. It's such a perfect, intact, cute little place right in the middle of an awesome building in amongst all the rot and decay.

Here's the main thread.

[ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=22608[/ame]

Now having seen inside the main building and knowing how bad the condition of the floors are, and that everything is rotting and damp and very scary to walk on, it is totally unbelivable that this place exists right in the middle of it all. Having seen another post on DP we were sure it would have been a seperate building off to the side or something, but it really isnt.

I had this place pointed out to me after we had left the site by a friendly guy who worked opposite, and I went back in again with his blessing - he gave me his details as he wants to see the place inside too without having to go in himself :)

It's on the first floor of the main building, but underneath on the ground floor it is very scary looking and not surprising this place has now been closed and abandoned. The funny part is that we missed the nursery initially as when we got to this area we thought it looked a bit too risky and moved on to another area!

I'm not entirely sure when the premesis was abandoned but their website says their new location was purchased in 2010 and had some renovation work, and they appear to be running from there now. (www.teddybears-daynursery.com)

I did this part of the explore alone, Bambii waited in the car, so it was a bit more rushed than I would have liked.

mini-b1.jpg

mini-b2.jpg

mini-b3.jpg

mini-b4.jpg

mini-b5.jpg

mini-b6.jpg

mini-b7.jpg

mini-b8.jpg

mini-b9.jpg

mini-b10.jpg

mini-b11.jpg

mini-b12.jpg

mini-b13.jpg

mini-b14.jpg

mini-b15.jpg

mini-b16.jpg

mini-b17.jpg

mini-b18.jpg

mini-b19.jpg

mini-b20.jpg

mini-b21.jpg

mini-b22.jpg

mini-b23.jpg

mini-b24.jpg

mini-b25.jpg

mini-b26.jpg

mini-b27.jpg

In a different world opposed to the main site & agree it warrants it's own thread as a lot to cover :)
Cheers ;)

Great stuff! :)

I love seeing stuff like this so thanks for posting it up!

Back