St Joseph's Seminary, Upholland, Lancs - Jan 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shot of the wine glass.....have to ask if it was staged?

Also deep interest in the Milners safe.....

Cool shots.

v cool Chewy.

I lived in Skelmersdale for a little while (don't hold it against me!! :p ) and as you know Upholland is just a few mins away, a great fish and chip shop there if i remember rightly!!

Pity I didn't track this place down. Luckily you and others did!!

Cheers

Robster

Thanks both :)

the wine glass just got moved to get the window in too.
the stuff in it was solidified original wine, now with the consistency of tar :D

i probably would've tried the chippy if i knew about it Rob :( :mrgreen:

Thanks both :)

the wine glass just got moved to get the window in too.
the stuff in it was solidified original wine, now with the consistency of tar :D

i probably would've tried the chippy if i knew about it Rob :( :mrgreen:

lol def mate. It was worth it. I liked Upholland a lot. Proper Lancashire..well to a southern wooly back like me :mrgreen:

v cool Chewy.

I lived in Skelmersdale for a little while (don't hold it against me!! :p ) and as you know Upholland is just a few mins away, a great fish and chip shop there if i remember rightly!!

Pity I didn't track this place down. Luckily you and others did!!

Cheers

Robster

You mean Taste of the Sea just opposite the pub on the corner of Beacon Road? :D Right proper chippy that was.

The good thing about the location of the college was the number of pubs along the Leed Liverpool Canal that ran just behind the golf course.

Has anyone that has been up there recently seen if the course is still there or has it been built on?

Some photos that would be worth trying to get if anyone else gets up there would include:

The "new" art and science block at the back of Higher Line by the rear entrance to the chapel

The sacristy along the chapel corridor and the big wooden doors into the sanctuary off the corridor

The Rector's House and the little graveyard near the back (though it may have been exhumed by now)

The refectories that are below the statues at the back of Higher Line

The arts theatre/gymn

Some photos that would be worth trying to get if anyone else gets up there would include:

The "new" art and science block at the back of Higher Line by the rear entrance to the chapel

The Rector's House and the little graveyard near the back (though it may have been exhumed by now)
The graveyard is still there, suprisingly it looked quite empty, I expected their to be more graves tbh

I have been into the add on box art and science block but tbh they were stripped out and just looked like old boring classrooms!

Thankies All :)

not sure if it's still doable, but definatley worth a try.
i didn't get around it all..
would love to go back and see the bits i missed.

I really do like this place and you've done some great work there Chewy :) (and not a pair of waders in sight :lol: )

Back