St Margaret, West Raynham, norfolk

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess81

Reaction score

This was a lovely find, just in the centre of the village, noticeable from the main road.
It is being looked after well not overgrown in any place, the graves are in a sorry state though but thats what you would expect for an old cemetary and gives it that eerie feeling.

St Margaret was built around the 11th century and was apparenly extended in the 14th. It was abandoned in the 18th century when in the 1720's the lead roof was removed to help pay to restore St Margarets in East Raynham.
Here are the rev's details incase you want more info on its background:

The Revd Dr Edward Bundock
The Rectory, West Raynham, Norfolk, NR21 7HH
Tel: 01328 838 385

The bench reads: Ore stabit fortis arare placet ore stat
in other words O rest abit for tis a rare place to rest at
They have a sence of humour at least.

This was a lovely find, just in the centre of the village, noticeable from the main road.
It is being looked after well not overgrown in any place, the graves are in a sorry state though but thats what you would expect for an old cemetary and gives it that eerie feeling.

St Margaret was built around the 11th century and was apparenly extended in the 14th. It was abandoned in the 18th century when in the 1720's the lead roof was removed to help pay to restore St Margarets in East Raynham.
Here are the rev's details incase you want more info on its background:

The Revd Dr Edward Bundock
The Rectory, West Raynham, Norfolk, NR21 7HH
Tel: 01328 838 385

The bench reads: Ore stabit fortis arare placet ore stat
in other words O rest abit for tis a rare place to rest at
They have a sence of humour at least.

Blimey well done Jess! Theres a lot of stuff coming out from my lovely County. What brought you to Naaarfolk!!!

hi there,
i came to Norfolk as this area holds the most derelict churches, you have so many hidden abandoned villages it's nice to go to, although all that remains of them are the churches. only one church i couldn't get to as its on private land and that upset me, need to see if i can get permission to view it :(
was a fun day out :p

hi there,
i came to Norfolk as this area holds the most derelict churches, you have so many hidden abandoned villages it's nice to go to, although all that remains of them are the churches. only one church i couldn't get to as its on private land and that upset me, need to see if i can get permission to view it :(
was a fun day out :p

Yes there are absolutely loads of small Norfolk Churches long since gone. Hope you enjoy yourself down here, theres loads to see!

My few photos of the place.

Was a very nice place and would be quite tranquil cept you could hear screaming kids playing near by

isn't it just! although the house that backs onto the church had a huge trampoline outside with three overactive children having fun on it, they have a beautiful view though with the church at the back of their house....

Latest posts

Back