Standards

Help Support Derelict Places:

Status
Not open for further replies.

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Come on folks,

Surely you must know that posting a couple of photos of a single petrol pump from the 80s as a visit report isn't really on? I don't mind threads on single ideas like old lamposts and stink pipes etc because they have a purposes, but a couple of photos of something as a thread on it's own in the reports is really a joke.

Whilst I have never imposed judgements on what is worthy and what isn't, I think people are really starting to take the piss now and I will start putting the dregs of the shite in the bin.

Use your brain before posting please, and make an effort.

Reaperman

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just to echo that I support the drive to push up of the quality of stuff posted.

I would also encourage people not to post up locations with out of focus, camera shake filled or otherwise blurred images. As Krela mentions we often only get a chance to read a small portion of what gets posed up, so if people feel that a post is lacking in quality don't hesitate to report it.

To anyone who does have stuff removed or sent to the pit please don't take it personally. :)

festcu

Reaction score
I agree with most of this, but with a little proviso - if that is ok - some of us are not photographers, or even photography enthusiasts, so to us its the subject, not the photo quality (if you see what i mean - although good photos help:), its the old devil in the detail for me at least)

Reaperman

Veteran Member
Reaction score
I agree with most of this, but with a little proviso - if that is ok - some of us are not photographers, or even photography enthusiasts, so to us its the subject, not the photo quality (if you see what i mean - although good photos help:), its the old devil in the detail for me at least)

You, don't have to be a brilliant photographer or have a particular interest in photography, I am simply saying that its not worth putting up blurred or badly exposed photos. The vast majority of photos posted up are more than adequate it was a comment that was aimed at the few who are below par.

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I can only echo what Reaperman said. There's not much point posting a report where the pictures make you go crosseyed or you can't see what's in them.

I appreciate the offers to mod, but if we do expand the mod team we will invite people we think we can work with, not the other way round.

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Can I also add tiny overgrown residential houses/cottages to this list.

There must be thousands of them out there, and I'm not sure any of them are particularly interesting once you've seen reports on 20 different ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.