Steetley Magnesite, Hartlepool, March 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvwntgh

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
This is the first time I have posted on the forum so please bear with me, especially if I am in the wrong place.

I have been interested in the history of derelict places for a long time and have decided to try and combine it with my passion for photography. I realise that Steetley has been photographed and documented upon loads, so my apologies if I bore the more seasoned amongst you, but I guess I have to start somewhere ..... and I promise I will try and discover something new at some point :)

Steetley has always been a site you can just walk onto, however the site is now completely fenced and the bulldozers have moved in. The chimney stack will be blasted on Sunday ... if all goes to plan! The site will be completely demolished by the end of this year :cry: Luckily I still got my photos....it pays to be nice :)

Many thanks Julie

Steetley Magnesite, Hartlepool by jvwphoto, on Flickr

Steetley Pier, Hartlepool by jvwphoto, on Flickr

A fine first post, I never tire of seeing pics of this place.

As to boring us, you could do a lot worse for places to start than the Magnesite - my first photographed explores were a pillbox and a shack across the fields from my house.

Nice to see this place again, i can see it from my attic window, and as of yet, the chimney hasnt gone!

Latest posts

Back