Stenson Pillbox, Derby 22/01/08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashless

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Stenson Pillbox, Derby Jan 08

Personally i love pillboxes, i can't even begin to imagine how terrified and exposed you would feel trying to fend off a unit of german infantry just sitting in your concrete bullet magnet knowing that there was no retreat. After driving past this one for years i finally slogged across the waterlogged field to this lonely post, which according to the Archaeology Data Service is a Type FW3/24.

Quoted from http://www.pillboxesuk.co.uk/
"With the passage of time it is estimated that less than 6,000 of a total of 28,000 pillboxes built still survive. They remain as permanent monuments and a silent tribute to the courage and tenacity of the British people during the dark days of 1940 when Britain stood alone against Nazi Germany."

P1040536.jpg

P1040537.jpg

P1040543.jpg

P1040546.jpg

Last edited:
hehe, definitely looks a little creepy lol. Not seen those window shapes before in pillboxes, then again, i've searching locally, and i can't find any :'( love pillboxes, well done on finding it, especially in the dark.

Cheers,

:) Sal

Oooh, pillboxes! :mrgreen: Love the T24 because it's such a quirky shape, but I've never seen one with those kind of embrasures before! Excellent find! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back