Summerlands Lodge Nursing Home - Westgate - Feb 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramsgatonian

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This was my first visit to Summerlands. I didn't see all of it, It was just a quick walk around photographing things of interest.

Summerlands Lodge is located in Westgate, near Margate. It was a BUPA care home which closed down in recent years (not sure exactly). Inside it is rotten and damp beyond repair.

external.jpg

firstfloorlanding.jpg

Room with lots of photos, not sure why.
roomwithphotos.jpg

roundwindow.jpg

staircase.jpg

Looking up tower
tower.jpg

wheelchairandfireex.jpg

This was probably the most eerie room...
activityroom.jpg

hallway.jpg

Thanks for looking, please leave feedback!

Summerlands

Hi flyboy, glad to see you made it to this place at last
Have you ever seen Margate Lido? I would love to see this but its well tight.
Was thinking of asking the club owner for access.Would you be up for it if Im lucky?

Hi flyboy, glad to see you made it to this place at last
Have you ever seen Margate Lido? I would love to see this but its well tight.
Was thinking of asking the club owner for access.Would you be up for it if Im lucky?

Yeah definetly! If you have any joy send me an email - I'm much more likely to read it in time that way :mrgreen:

I don't know much about the Lido - can you get to the old swimming pool changing rooms from the club?

Thanks for the offer, I look forward to hearing from you :)

What a shame it's got into that state.
Looks an interesting explore...thanks! :)

What a lovely building!
I'd have spent a day in the room with the photos!
Nice one :)

Yeah definetly! If you have any joy send me an email - I'm much more likely to read it in time that way :mrgreen:

I don't know much about the Lido - can you get to the old swimming pool changing rooms from the club?

Thanks for the offer, I look forward to hearing from you :)

the lido was open upto a couple of weeks ago, finally got a ladder and its sealed again, if you manage to get a visit, I wold be very interested. :)

Love the pics, not tried this place looked to public.

the lido was open upto a couple of weeks ago, finally got a ladder and its sealed again, if you manage to get a visit, I wold be very interested. :)

Love the pics, not tried this place looked to public.

I'll let you know if we are lucky! And yeah this location is a bit public, I had to wait until the bus stop outside was empty, and the traffic lights were just right so that traffic wasn't queueing out front. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back