Talgarth Asylum - May 21

Help Support Derelict Places:

Jamey J

Reaction score
That's good advice, early Sunday morning is usually a good time to try places like this, and it's also worth avoiding parking anywhere on the site itself as that's caused trouble for people in the past.
Ohh I didn't know that. Makes sense though.

Do you know how to get there and how to get in please?

BikinGlynn

Super Moderator
Staff member
Veteran Member
Reaction score

U mean how to get to Talgarth? have a look on google maps.
No one will tell u exactly how to access a place on a public forum that owners & security could also be reading.
just use common sense, look at site on google & decide which is front / back, which way you could go to keep as far away from other properties etc.

I see you have just joined the site but are you actually new to exploring?
If so I would suggest trying some simpler place first.

If you are exploring its handy to know the laws first. Generally trespass is a civil offence so you cant be prosecuted despite what the signs say, all you will get in most places is a telling off.

Jamey J

Reaction score
U mean how to get to Talgarth? have a look on google maps.
No one will tell u exactly how to access a place on a public forum that owners & security could also be reading.
just use common sense, look at site on google & decide which is front / back, which way you could go to keep as far away from other properties etc.

I see you have just joined the site but are you actually new to exploring?
If so I would suggest trying some simpler place first.

If you are exploring its handy to know the laws first. Generally trespass is a civil offence so you cant be prosecuted despite what the signs say, all you will get in most places is a telling off.
Yeah I'll use Google maps.

I joined the site so I could ask these questions because I want to explore talgarth. I've been exploring before, but that was years ago.

And yeah I should look up the laws first.

Thank you for the help!

wolfism

Veteran Member
Reaction score

As Glynn says, have a look at Google maps and other folks' photos and try to figure out a way to approach the buildings without attracting attention, usually the back of a site is more discreet than the front. In terms of an actual way in to the buildings, it's years since I was last there so whichever door or window I went in probably isn't the way in today. Best to turn up early and have a scout around.

Latest posts