Teffont quarry - May 2021

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
ROAD TRIP............................................

So I was contacted by Fluffy as he was itching to get out and about, so I said how about a trip to the Portsmouth area - great that`s sorted

So as you would expect from my messed up mind we headed in the opposite direction and found ourselves in Wiltshire (As you do)

Teffont quarry in Chilmark looks to have been bought in 2019 by new owners but work has also stopped around that time, but they may go back to production
if there is the demand, oh and the lights are still on, there electric bill must be off the scale.

I can`t find a time line for the quarry as it might of started as a quarry then been used by the RAF and then reverted to Bath stone extraction again.

Pictures.........

The first part of the quarry entrance looks like the RAF Bomb store across the road, it`s well over built.

51205791357_a8a6d11460_b.jpg

51207270104_b6942c5d8e_b.jpg

At the far end of this worked out area is a small cutting and dressing station.....

51207269854_653023bacf_b.jpg

51206504516_f8540354e9_b.jpg

51206709448_c02c9891bd_b.jpg

51207570360_5f017fda39_b.jpg

Right that will do, thanks for looking any and all comments are most welcome.
If you want to see a few more pictures (And you know you want too) head on over to my FlickR site at :-

Teffont quarry

Cheers Newage

I have just been reading Derek Hawkins's Bath Stone Quarries book - about the quarries in the Box and Corsham area. Some of them were taken over as underground military depots. The photos here look similar. What is the machine with the mesh guard round it? A circular saw?

I have just been reading Derek Hawkins's Bath Stone Quarries book - about the quarries in the Box and Corsham area. Some of them were taken over as underground military depots. The photos here look similar. What is the machine with the mesh guard round it? A circular saw?
Yes there are 2 circular saws

Latest posts

Back