TG Greens Pottery, Swadlincote, Derbys. - October 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThenewMendoza

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
From a lead mentioned briefly by Romanian1 along the lines of 'any chance you could have a look if you're in the area', TG Green's pottery, famous for its Cornishware, proved to be one of those sites that despite being closed for a number of years has barely seen the 'hand of chav'.

There is plenty of information about the pottery products on the net so I'll only post this link to a Green family members site, it's an interesting read and an even better explore.

http://www.derek-green.com/tg_green01.htm

Visited with with Smileysal.

TGGreen8.jpg

TGGreen13.jpg

TGGreen16.jpg

TGGreen20.jpg

TGGreen18.jpg

TGGreen11.jpg

TGGreen15.jpg

TGGreen9.jpg

TGGreen10.jpg

TGGreen14.jpg

TGGreen17.jpg

TGGreen3.jpg

TGGreen2.jpg

Huge thanks to Romanian1 for the lead, I know he's been here since we visited along with a few others.

M :)

That's fantastic! Love seeing all those pots still left. I don't know what it is about potteries, but most of them seem to remain unvandalised. Excellent stuff! :mrgreen:

This is an awesome place, didn't know it was here, and I go to Swadlincote to visit family at that! :rolleyes: Cheers to R1 for giving us the lead.

Couldn't believe the amount of pottery of all shapes and sizes still left in here. Cornish ware (glazed and unglazed), containers for stilton cheese to be sold at Fortnum and Mason, dog, cat, gerbil and hamster bowls, hundreds of those, dinner and side plates, cups, everything. It's fantastic.

Definitely want to go here again, and soon.

Excellent pics Mendo.

:) Sal

ps, all my pics are on Mendo's pc, so will have to try and get those up next time I'm up at his.

Quite an interesting looking place:exclaim:Great Pics as always:).Particularly like those "abandoned"office shots,just looks like they have gone home for the day:exclaim::)

Great pictures... i especially love the contrast between the delapidated building and immaculate rows and stacks of pots.. are the big round structures in pic 3 kilns? :question:

Good find - I like the lighting in pics 8 and 9 - presumably they're tunnel kilns with the pottery cars running along on steel tracks?

That looks in real good nick, and another which evaded me in that area when I was looking around with the Pirate a few months back.

excellent work, this was mentioned to me in conversation this evening, i must get up and look at some point soon as its not too far from me

Latest posts

Back