The BEFORE and AFTER Thread

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a couple more;

rocket58.jpg

Before.

rocket31.jpg

After

merge2.jpg

Merged.

:exclaim:

rocket53.jpg

Before

rocket35.jpg

After.

merge4.jpg

Merged, complete with tourists :p

:mrgreen:

I've just realised I'm in completely the wrong position for my second pair, I'll have to go and do it again. :(

If anybody wants to have a go in the Dundee/Angus/Fife, as well as a few elsewhere in Scotland, here is the link to the Alexander Wilson collection. The search function doesn't seem to work so you just have to scroll through. Most of them are arranged according to location (e.g. "Cupar") but some are arranged according to subject (e.g. "Harbour, Anstruther").

Good luck finding recognisable streets in Dundee :)

As you look through Alexander Wilson's photos consider the time and money involved not only in the photographs themselves, but getting to all these locations in the early part of the 20th century.

Last edited:
nice one guys! keep them coming.

one of the things that surprised me most about silverstealths photos was the fact that the door in ward 15 has been the same one for almost 100 years!

glenodee2.jpg

Glen O' Dee TB sanatorium 1910

BCchurchcabrachandglenodee008.jpg

JuniorDorm.jpg

Blair's college seminary before it closed in 1986

BLAIRSCOLLEGE007.jpg

blairsarchival25.jpg

performance from the boys in Blair's seminary theatre

BCchurchcabrachandglenodee039.jpg

the grade A theatre building is in an extremely bad state​

Last edited:
It will come as no surprise that they filmed some kind of period drama there a few weeks ago.

In the early 1990s they filmed Dr Finlay in nearby Auchtermuchty and the joke was that they had to modernise the town to make it look convincing for the 1920s.

The clerks office 1920's

clerks1927sm.jpg

clerksofficesm.jpg

You know what really interests me about these two pics... is that the big cupboard is still there... battered but still there and If I was at that location i could just visualise the people using that cupboard... really interesting great photo!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back