The BEFORE and AFTER Thread

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, I don't have a date for the before picture.

Too tiny for a report so I thought I'd pop it here.

wx0ibPL.jpg

aXMj3vo.jpg

I agree. Incredibly powerful with people in too - shadows who once lived there. To see it now? Wow so different!

What a difference between the two photos. Looking at the fashion of the girls dresses you would be able to guess approximately the year. Maybe they just moved in as the house and garden looks new. Has the gentleman got a satellite dish behind him? Could be a time traveller.

Sad but incredibly beautiful too.
I did wonder why someone would have taken the seats but not the frames - fire explains it!

I love this kind of stuff, have some examples but none anywhere else as lined up as these

These are amazing. @HughieD that home is huge and looks almost as if it could be fixed up again. If you have a ton of funding.

Loxley Tunnel on the Stafford Uttoxeter Line, also known as the Clog and Knocker line. The line was in use up until the 50's, I figure the top photo was taken previous to 1950 when the line was busy. Bottom photo I took about 5 years ago, at which time the far end of the tunnel had been blocked off.
loxleythennow.jpg

RAF Deenthorpe Airfield operations block, operations board 1945-2022.

RAF Deenthorpe An airman of the 401st Bomb Group updates the operations board 13 January 1945.jpg

Old photo from Wikipedia 'An airman of the 401st Bomb Group updates the operations board. 13 January 1945.'
Operations board 2022.jpg

The only original bits are the two beams.

I love before and afters although unlike Changing Rooms or Ground Force (sounding old there) these are a bit sad.

Loxley Tunnel on the Stafford Uttoxeter Line, also known as the Clog and Knocker line. The line was in use up until the 50's, I figure the top photo was taken previous to 1950 when the line was busy. Bottom photo I took about 5 years ago, at which time the far end of the tunnel had been blocked off.
View attachment 515455
Looking at the lack of heading above the tunnel, its construction was probably forced on the railway company by a landowner who did not want to see the smoke and steam of trains from his house. Quite a common thing in the 19th century.

Latest posts

Back