The FOI Act Works!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godzilla73

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just to let people know that a couple of weeks ago I made a Freedom of Information Request about the Tatsfield Monitoring station through the WhatDoTheyKnow website and today I was sent 13 separate documents relating to it including an extremely detailed plan of the site, a BBC technical manual used by Engineers and numerous accounts and documents relating to its war time role. I'll be sharing a bit more of this in the future (in the long term, I'm aiming to write an article or booklet about its history) but it just goes to show that if you don't ask, you don't get!! Anyone who wants to know any more can PM me.
:)GDZ

Brilliant! I didn't realise you could get that much stuff. So far, I've only gone for copies of WW2 airfield maps through the RAF Museum.
All the very best with the booklet. Sounds good. :)

Oh yes! The FOI is amazing!
I weote to them asking if I could have the full video survey, and plans of Corsham / Burlington underground facility :p

Imagine my surprise when an envelope postmarked "Corsham" dropped through my door a few days later, with 3 DVD's worth of goodness! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
Corshamsmall.jpg

Many thanks for this info all of you..I heard someone else had the Corsham dvd`s sent them,but didnt realise they dished them out that freely.

But that would be in contravention of Copyright Law... :p

I've leant them to a fellow explorer at the mo, I'll hassle him for them back!

TBH I don't want to think how long that'd take to upload! You have to be an uber geek to watch 7 hours of footage from down there, there's no commentary or anything. Although it is cool watching them whizz about in their little electric cars! :mrgreen:

UrbanX is right - there's an amazing amount of stuff out there that the government have to give you if you ask for it. No wonder politicians don't like it!

Oh yes! The FOI is amazing!
I weote to them asking if I could have the full video survey, and plans of Corsham / Burlington underground facility :p

Imagine my surprise when an envelope postmarked "Corsham" dropped through my door a few days later, with 3 DVD's worth of goodness! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Haha, snap. I think at least a hundred or so people from 28DL must have sent a FOI in at the time. The thread was somewhat epic I seem to remember.

corsham_dvds.jpg

i got my discs off the 28 thread,and the FOI is great but do not go to the ICO if you dont get the info,i cant say much due to the laws in the uk but i am trying to get info about child abuse that which has been refused ICO cannot investigate for some time as they are just starting to look at complaints from last sept

Just to let people know that a couple of weeks ago I made a Freedom of Information Request about the Tatsfield Monitoring station through the WhatDoTheyKnow website and today I was sent 13 separate documents relating to it including an extremely detailed plan of the site, a BBC technical manual used by Engineers and numerous accounts and documents relating to its war time role. I'll be sharing a bit more of this in the future (in the long term, I'm aiming to write an article or booklet about its history) but it just goes to show that if you don't ask, you don't get!! Anyone who wants to know any more can PM me.
:)GDZ
I worked in the office at the BBC Tatsfield Receiving Station from 1966 to 1969. Great times and a different world.

Back