The pumping station..norfolk

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This pumping station was opened in 1909.and was used to treat the sewage from the nearby river.consisting of three buildings and six workers houses.the site shut when a newer more modern one was built..I have tried quite a few times with this place and no luck.red mole gave me a tip off it was open.so me and janovitch.made a quick trip to see it.even though all machinery has gone it is still a beautiful building.with lovely Victorian tiles.so we could get in the pump house but still not the big building.that is well and truly sealed.which is a shame.because when I looked through a hole in the door.i could see a lovely spiral staircase.maybe one day.but still glad to tick this off

image_zpscdahzyqb.jpg

image_zps5ytvytx6.jpg

image_zpszypmdwmy.jpg

image_zpslxthun6n.jpg

image_zpss0qeempb.jpg

image_zpsbstvwloe.jpg

image_zpstyjv5xz0.jpg

image_zpshh9lqw7k.jpg

image_zpsskawj30t.jpg

image_zpsaawhhwgo.jpg

image_zpsqznscjmt.jpg

image_zpsododg5kn.jpg

image_zps9xyu5a0m.jpg

image_zpssphpp3aa.jpg

image_zpsxebdi4zo.jpg

image_zps3gwscyrr.jpg

image_zpsy7xztyut.jpg

image_zps23opx2su.jpg

image_zpsyircpi8k.jpg

image_zpswe7v41wh.jpg

image_zps3rzsof8p.jpg

image_zps8b11pecf.jpg

image_zpsxhsbpdzy.jpg

image_zpslumjhrhw.jpg

image_zpssgvungrl.jpg

image_zpsdbkxiv4d.jpg

image_zpszeigaqk0.jpg

image_zpscyc5gxis.jpg

image_zpsuhvdwwkz.jpg

image_zpsrtrifzgi.jpg

I had a great game of find the pigeon from your pics, I liked the way you've picked out the cobwebs in some of them, Nice Work, Thanks

Thank you all.and yeah bones out.I only ever looked through the bars before too

OK, OK. What's with the two german soldiers in picture 19 looking like they are manning a machine gun post? Am I imagining this? Great pictures by the way! Lots of character and warmth. You have captured this well.

If nothing else, everyone is looking intently at the photos now! I cannot see anything extra in 2,5 and 8, but hey great work

OK, OK. What's with the two german soldiers in picture 19 looking like they are manning a machine gun post? Am I imagining this? Great pictures by the way! Lots of character and warmth. You have captured this well.

That would be called another explorer with a tripod in the same spot moving about during a multiple exposure HDR photo.

It never fails to amaze me how people see what they want to see rather than what is actually there...

Which is why actual witnesses to crimes, accidents etc have to be questioned very carefully and in depth.

This has reminded me of some work I did years ago on presenting photographic evidence before the Courts. There was an argument back then, that as the scene of a derailment/train crash was nearly always scattered over a very large area, a movie (and much later on a video) record was better than dozens of 10x8 prints bound into an evidence book. Work at the time indicated that the overall movie image actually offered too much detraction from the actual pieces of evidence recorded and that a series of 10x8 prints was the best way to get the scene understood by the observer/jury. The author of the above report has actually laid the foundations for some readers to take the path to 'fairy land'. The fact that the image is the only one in B&W and the format seems to have been changed - the informative part of the image is circular in format and not rectangular, means that this image will be looked at or processed in a different way to the others, even if just as a subconscious thought. Thus photographic evidence for Court cases should have all prints in the same format, the same media and be presented in be same order - The same criteria holds for the presentation of images in an informative report of an interesting and new explore. For me; to be able to work out details of a structure, place, site or business, that I can no longer visit in person, from a nicely sequenced series of images is why I visit this great Forum.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back