The T.V. Repair Shop

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!!

Fantastic report....what a treasure trove of retro stuff!!

Please,please never disclose the location of this truly amazing timewarp no matter how much they beg,there are a lot of thieving b*****ds that read these forums (they are closer than you think,not just lurking):icon_evil

Thanks for sharing mate!!!

I did try and turn it on actually mate, would have loved to had a go. Batteries dead :(

23.jpg

That video tape may even contain some program that wasn't kept at the time (Doctor Who is a well known example). It's old enough (late '70s). In the interest of preserving old television, it should perhaps be checked, then put back.

Great post mate I love anything like that. Please like the others have said, keep it under your hat. I'd like to see this stuff preserved and donated to whatever local museum is most willing to accept it! I know a boat load of that stuff would sell on the eblag for probably a resonable sum, even in non-working condition.

Superb stuff, thanks again!

Nice one Nelly!

You never really know what we're going to find while exploring!

There's a 2 story shack 5 mins walk from my house that I may have to check out. Could be like this place.

There's a 2 story shack 5 mins walk from my house that I may have to check out. Could be like this place.

Well if it is mate, then somebody has taken the third floor of it :mrgreen:

SpinyNorman, are you with the "UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration" forum, they seem to have discovered my post on 28DL

http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71163

?

No, although your post must have attracted some notice, I found it on another forum: http://missingepisodes.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=6246

But I must add that I have coincidentally always been fascinated by derelict buildings and have explored them when I could.

If it helps then I have enlarged the label on the video tape from the original photo, I know it doesn't guarantee whats actually on it but here you go

Capture-2.jpg

If it helps then I have enlarged the label on the video tape from the original photo, I know it doesn't guarantee whats actually on it but here you go

No, it's good of you to include it, but let's not exagerate: one single tape is hardly going to yield any lost treasures of television. I have no idea if any important show jumping events from the late '70s are missing from the TV archives. I doubt it, but many other shows were carelessly thrown away, including Dad's Army, Doctor Who, The Avengers.
Now, if there had been a crate full of tapes or films it would have been different. Guess television history is like UE in a way: you're looking at the remains of a great past when many other things have already been demolished.

Latest posts

Back