The T.V. Repair Shop

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That video tape may even contain some program that wasn't kept at the time (Doctor Who is a well known example). It's old enough (late '70s). In the interest of preserving old television, it should perhaps be checked, then put back.
I do know someone that has a working Philips 2000 VCR ;)

solid state radio

the solid state pocket radio !!!!! wow , i had one of those,mine was blue ,saved up my birthday an pocket money,(i was probably about 7/8 yrs old an im 45 now !)listened to radio luxembourg under the "blankets" 9we didnt have duvets or quilts in those days )many many years ago!! thank you for stirring the memories up :)
finds like this should be compulsary made into museums,the past that can never be replaced

What a find, some qality looking stuff in there!

7a.jpg

My mum used to have a telly exactly like the one in this stack! (Not the top one...) :)

WOW it's all still there then! Lets just hope it stays there rather than in the back of a van

WOW it's all still there then! Lets just hope it stays there rather than in the back of a van

I have no idea mate, I hope so, it's a few hours away from me so I haven't been back :cry:

Haha just got ur text mate .Who dragged this old chesnut out of the pitt lol
The place and all items have escaped the attentions to date of the scum bags;)
Quality splore.
Will see ya tomoz night bud

SK :)

Last edited:
Haha just got ur text mate .Who dragged this old chesnut out of the pitt lol
The place and all items have escaped the attentions to date of the attension of the scum bags;)
Quality splore.
Will see ya tomoz night bud

SK :)

The beer is chilling as we speak my friend :)

Cracking fine, one thing that probably dates it a little older than mid 80's is this:

14.jpg

That tin of paint is a tin of Blackfriar QD90 paint - a metal paint - and this instance I think that is 'Landrover Green' colour.

I don't think QD90 paint was brought out by Blackfriar Paints till the early 1990's - I will have to check with my old man. He was technical works manager at the original factory (the company went bust about 5-6 years ago and the brand & its products was sold on to another company)

You probably won't care too much, it's just I saw that tin and it made me smile. I worked on the shop floor when I was 16 part time in the summers till I graduated. :lol:

That video tape may even contain some program that wasn't kept at the time (Doctor Who is a well known example). It's old enough (late '70s). In the interest of preserving old television, it should perhaps be checked, then put back.

Have you got something at home to play it on ??? :p

Have you got something at home to play it on ??? :p

I don't think you'll get a reply mate, Spiny Norman joined after a link to this report was posted on a retro radio and T.V. forum and he hasn't posted anything since :)

Back