Thrunite tt20 review

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all so I have recently purchased the tt20 for attaching to my caving helmet To cut a long story short a while ago my caving lid died at the top of a very dodgy ladder way about 160ft up and my spare torch was in my bag!! So because of this inconvenience I decided to buy the tt20 and cable tie it to my helmet .

Anyway I shall put some specs in here for you all to read .

a peak brightness of 2,526 lumens, the ThruNite TT20 has a SST70 bulb that can shine up to 846 ft/258m.

It’s battery life is certainly impressive it’s one of the best things about this torch

5000mAh 21700 Battery​

TT20 is equipped with a 5000mAh 21700 battery, which has a larger capacity than a 18650 battery. Also, it brings a longer runtime for TT20.
  • Built-in USB C charging port allows your mobile phone to share the charging cable with TT20.

Stepless Dimming Function​

Stepless dimming function offers more flexible brightness conditions.
  • Firefly and strobe mode meet some special circumstances well.
Infinity High: 1468~654 lm - 190 secs~235 mins
  1. Infinity Low: 31 lm - 90 hrs
  2. Turbo: 2526~610 lm - 150 secs~237 mins
  3. Strobe: 1294 lm - 320 mins
  4. Firefly: 0.54 lm - 64 days
  5. *The toch adopts intelligent temperature control tech, when the temperature reach 55℃, the brightness will descend automatically.
  • *The above parameters tested by one ThruNite 5000mAh 21700 battery are approximate and may vary between lights, batteries and environment
    21130685-DDC4-47FA-B06D-2D10965F28E3.jpeg
    so the torch arrived in the usual cardboard box and once opened there was some basic instructions asking you to tighten it before use, also it comes with some spare parts a holding pouch for attaching to your belt and a lanyard.
I have tested a few of there torches now and all of them have this charging port design and none have leaked water so far so I am confident in it, this torch has the same button as a few of the others but it also has a rubber button on the base which you click and it activates the turbo mode. This is slightly different because you don’t have to cycle through the settings it’s much more basic but I won’t copy and paste all of that if your interested it explains it all very well on the link below & charging information.It does have the sneaky setting though the moonlight which comes in handy quite often I personally find.

So I took it out and used it recently in a few caves.

As you can see on turbo mode it is bright the issue I found with this torch it seems to leave a circle on photos as it doesn’t spread the light very well, for walking around in the dark it’s fine on the usual settings but this is not a good light really for picture taking.

AC0262FE-EAA0-4176-88A4-50B186A50499.jpeg

1E9E5E0D-C871-4874-A157-8FA880E94AFB.jpeg

This is a very tight crawl here and it has punched them 2500 lumens a long way down but it hasn’t spread very well again. It handles the rough treatment very well you can tell this is a good quality item.

For the money I would say you are better of buying a th30 v2 this is a much better all around torch I am only going to give this a rating of 3 out of 5. Or pay a bit more and get the tc 20 v2

I hope this has been useful to you all

Here is the link for this torch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ThruNite-R...ocphy=1007208&hvtargid=pla-975744297779&psc=1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back