Typhoid Hospital Thornton

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeachySoul

Reaction score
Hi!

I am new to the site and really wanted to comment on someone's post about the old Typhoid hospital in Fife (Thornton area), but when i registered, i lost the thread and couldn't find it again! Ok, so this is a really cool place to visit but in terrible state and i guess pretty dangerous at points considering the very weak floors. I've been a handful of times now and i can't believe the pics that i have seen over the years compared with now. I have become really interested in the history of the place, but i guess i've only ever uncovered what everyone else has! What i am struggling to find information on is the abandoned train which lies just across the road from the this site. Does anyone have any information on that? Has anyone visited it before? It's pretty cool but unfortunately, a few carriages have been burnt out.

I used to go to the old TB hospital at Scotlandwell and was devastated when i found it had been demolished!

I am new to the site and really wanted to comment on someone's post about the old Typhoid hospital in Fife (Thornton area), but when i registered, i lost the thread and couldn't find it again!
Hi, there's a recent thread here, perhaps - https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/ma...5170-fever-hospital-abandoned-train-post.html

What i am struggling to find information on is the abandoned train which lies just across the road from the this site. Does anyone have any information on that? Has anyone visited it before?
Yes, a few people have (there are quite a few photos on Facebook if you search for abandoned trains in Scotland...) and as far as I'm aware the railway was part of Thornton marshalling yard, which was latterly run by EWS Schencker before being shut. Years ago, there were lots of coal hopper wagons abandoned in the sidings.

I used to go to the old TB hospital at Scotlandwell and was devastated when i found it had been demolished!
That's the Ochil Hills Hospital (Sanatorium), I think. Would be interested to see some photos, if you took any? I found out about it around a year after it was demolished, ie. too late! The site is still accessible but a bit overgrown.

Latest posts

Back