Under the local Cemetery, no history about this drain

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy0161

Reaction score
20180528_190834~2.jpg
20180528_185616.jpg
20180528_171117-EFFECTS.jpg
20180528_170135~2.jpg
20180528_171206.jpg

Wow some stunning pictures, the colours pop right out, looks a great place to have a mooch.

cheers Newage

I really have no time for drains but them stalactites almost make this one worth it!
You have captured it very well

That could almost be a mystical dragon's den with all that wonderful colour.
I wonder what it was used for. Did you ever find out where it started or was it plugged into another drain and then another?
I wonder how old it is?
What a shame there are no answers ... probably not a good place to delve any deeper 😕

That could almost be a mystical dragon's den with all that wonderful colour.
I wonder what it was used for. Did you ever find out where it started or was it plugged into another drain and then another?
I wonder how old it is?
What a shame there are no answers ... probably not a good place to delve any deeper 😕
Hello Darklldo, I've been trying to source old maps, just waiting for the local records office to open and hopefully find some info as there's a few rivers that have been covered up in the area many years ago.
This looks great! And you captured it so well!! Very nice 😊
Thanks Resident_alice

Hello Darklldo, I've been trying to source old maps, just waiting for the local records office to open and hopefully find some info as there's a few rivers that have been covered up in the area many years ago.

Thanks Resident_alice
I have just discovered a link to the Ordnance Survey Six Inch maps. Go online and type in Explore georeferenced maps - Map images - National Library of Scotland then put the name of a town or village. Drains are not shown, but streams and rivers are, as well as a lot of other detail.

Latest posts

Back