Unknown Pillbox near Happisburgh, Norfolk.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say the pillbox is a type 26 as well (WW2). Can't wait to see the rest of the buildings

I cant believe you missed the other pillbox down the road near the farm, and the spigot mortar on concrete beetpad.

I went there not so long ago, and it seems to be that the big building surrounded by trees and blast bank has a room that is in accesable, i dont know what it was for, but if you go round the back of the trees its the lower part of the building.

(the pictures dont work, so i am just guessing that your talking about the same place :mrgreen: )

I cant believe you missed the other pillbox down the road near the farm, and the spigot mortar on concrete beetpad.

I went there not so long ago, and it seems to be that the big building surrounded by trees and blast bank has a room that is in accesable, i dont know what it was for, but if you go round the back of the trees its the lower part of the building.

(the pictures dont work, so i am just guessing that your talking about the same place :mrgreen: )

I think so Home Guard! I obviously never had my glasses on!

I was driving down the Norfolk Coast road when I found this Pillbox by the side of the road. Also a very strange Building and more besides around the surrounding fiels. Can anyone help me with th age of the Pillbox? And what is the Weird buildingView attachment 46461View attachment 46462View attachment 46463View attachment 46464View attachment 46465View attachment 46466
I visited the WW2 site at the Chimneys farm in 2015, and received permissin to enter the Operations Block building in the centre of the field, left over from the 1941 CHL Radar Station. The four large concrete bases for the 185 ft wooden radar tower are next to this building. The pill box was nearer the roadside, and the larger brick and concrete building nearby was either for a gun emplacement, or for the earlier CHL radar of 1939 which would have had a low wooden gantry with aerial on the roof. Maurice Clarkson, New Zealand

Back