Want To Get Into Exploring Abandoned Places...

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyran

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've never explored abandoned places before but have watched tons and tons of videos from people doing it, and it's made me really want to get into it myself. I have no idea how to go about it, how to find groups to join, etc. So, I'm just asking for advice on how to actually get into it.

Cheers!

Stop watching you tube vids would be your first step!
There isnt really groups its not like u can jpoin an urbex club Im afraid.
Your own perseverance & research is the best way to start, once you have some explores under your belt you can gain peoples trust.
You may be lucky & find some local explorers looking for people to go out with though!

1. Find location to explore via the many sources available (existing reports, Google Maps etc)
2. Locate place on map
3. Select most appropriate mode of transport to get to said location (via bus/train/car/bike/on foot or any combination of these)
4. Find entry point to building/place you are exploring
5. Enter and explore building, taking pictures
6. When finished exploring building exit safely
7. Return home via chosen method of transport
8. Write a report and post it along with the photos you took on a forum list this
9. Repeat steps 1-8 as frequently as you can

1. Find location to explore via the many sources available (existing reports, Google Maps etc)
2. Locate place on map
3. Select most appropriate mode of transport to get to said location (via bus/train/car/bike/on foot or any combination of these)
4. Find entry point to building/place you are exploring
5. Enter and explore building, taking pictures
6. When finished exploring building exit safely
7. Return home via chosen method of transport
8. Write a report and post it along with the photos you took on a forum list this
9. Repeat steps 1-8 as frequently as you can

10. Dont post a crappy click bait vid on you tube!;-)

Pretty much as above but not forgetting to have some fun!

Latest posts

Back