Water Treatment Site -Leicester - 19/01/08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sam

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
visited with goldie87 and stellauk@hot....

long long walk (for me) through the fence then they came runing out straight the way security chasing them :gay so i waltzed straight in and said hello and they let us in but followed us around...

ive searched and searched for info on the site but just come up with local companies selling valves or Glenfield in Australlia

horse.jpg

:D:D:rolleyes:

water.jpg

lookingdown.jpg

swrlythings.jpg

water2.jpg

tag.jpg

switch.jpg

pumphouse.jpg

this was a great day legs are killing but it was good day i will upload my pics when i can

Bit of a different site to the usual, was quite interesting and a good laugh though! The place must date back a bit as there was a nice little old edwardian looking building here, but its been burnt and trashed unfortunately :(

gs1.jpg

gs2.jpg

gs3.jpg

gs4.jpg

gs5.jpg

gs7.jpg

gs9.jpg

Bit of a different site to the usual, was quite interesting and a good laugh though! The place must date back a bit as there was a nice little old edwardian looking building here, but its been burnt and trashed unfortunately :(

Well, William E Farrer was founded in 1896, and later bought out by Biwater treatment company. Not sure on dates, but could be a good 100 years old if it's got original buildings.

lol it was great was fun. cool it did look old it was great when goldie87 found bricks what were actualy made in glenfield:)

lol it was great was fun. cool it did look old it was great when goldie87 found bricks what were actualy made in glenfield:)

Yeah i remember that building years ago when it was mint, definitely late victorian/edwardian. And I believe the brickworks where the bricks were made was sited behind the trees in the background in my last photo.

gs8.jpg

One of the bricks (looked newer than some of them) Might seem silly but i thought it was pretty cool as ive lived just down the road all my life lol

Well cool! Loved all your pics.
There was one down the road from me when I was a kid and I'd often go and have a nose around. I find them fascinating. We must be having a run on water treatment sites as I've found at least one, possibly two, within reach of me on google earth. :lol: Will visit and get some pics up soon.
Neat stuff guys. :)

heres some of my pics

Had to climb over a big metal control box to get this shot which on the way back about killed Mr sam lol:mrgreen:
sgs11.png

Me waving to the camera lol
sgs10.png

These were in the same building but under the platform.
sgs9.png

Latest posts

Back