Watford Air Raid Shelter (Pic Heavy)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The grove web sites mentions 6 shelters. But according the to map posted there was only ever 4, three of which appear to no longer exist. Same goes for those bats. no sign of any bats ever being there, the spiders probably ate them all :p

The map is from 1941, the two additional shelters may have been biult after that date

.... The Grove during WW2 was actually the secret wartime HQ for the London, Midland & Scottish Railway. The shelters were built to house the troops and railway personnel that were stationed there.....
I'm glad you mentioned that 'cos I was gonna ask why they had been constructed there. :)

The map is from 1941, the two additional shelters may have been biult after that date

Had thought that, but they dont appear to be there anymore. Unless there are some in the woods behind. We had a quick scout the first trip but found nothing. I'd like to see if that memorial is still there, cant see anything on google maps so could be over grown

Latest posts

Back